Achievement Hounds Podcast • View topic - Hound of the Month - October 2013 - acaraba2

Hound of the Month - October 2013 - acaraba2

Hound of the Month - October 2013 - acaraba2

Postby ozbundyboy » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:51 am

Hound of the Month - October 2013

acaraba2

This month's Hound is very well known for participating in activitys such as boosting club sessions, book club or any activity that can earn dog bones. He is the person who is the holder of the most dog bones in Achievement Hounds and is likely to retain that title for a long time. He is a friendly enough guy, who will help out in sessions if needed and has possibly been patiently waiting for this to be posted. So without further ado, I would like to welcome our hound of the month and welcome you to our latest interview.

1. First, lets start off by having you explain your gamer tag- what does it mean and how do you pronounce it correctly?
My gamer tag means nothing and to be truthful has no correct pronouncing. It is what my college school email begins with so I use it for all my user and forum names. It is the 1st letter of my first name and a few letters of my last name, which is Augustin Caraballo.

2. Tell us a little about yourself: where do you live, what do you do for a living, do you have non-gaming hobbies?
I live in the Tampa, Fl. I am a Full Time Pharmacy Technician and now a part time college student, hopefully finally going through my last set of undergrad courses for accounting as I already got a Bachelor in Chemistry.

Other hobbies I have besides gaming are
· I collect Simpsons memorabilia.
· I collect Movie Steelbooks
· I love to Golf wish I could do it more than one or two times a month.
· I love watching Baseball. I go to about 20 games a season. My 2 favorite teams are the Rays and the Phillies. (Phillies was the my favorite team, until I had a hometown team in 98.)
· I love watching movies and Television shows. I only go to the movies maybe once a year, but I tend to buy almost anything that comes out.

3. When and how did you get into achievements?
I honestly don’t know how I got into achievements. I bought my first Xbox 360 in December of 2008. I believe because I wanted to play Fable 2, after enjoying the original Fable on xbox. Looking back I probably got into achievement toward the end of 2009 or beginning of 2010. Most of the games I played in the beginning were either fun party games, sport games, and RPGs.

4. What's your favorite genre? (Include a few specific games)

My favorite Genre is RPGs. Two of my favorites for xbox 360 was Dragon Age and Skyrim.

ImageImage

My favorite game was Diablo 2, play that game from the day it came out in 2000 till about 2007 waiting for the next. I also enjoy the original Diablo and Expansion Hellfire, playing it both on PC and PS1, which I still have on ps1 and is the only game I go back to play on ps2 when I want to play old school, as I cant find my PC copy anymore. Unfortunately, I didn’t get much into Diablo 3 as I haven’t play much PC since this generation of console.
Another set of games I enjoyed playing before I bought my first Mac were strategy games, especially Age of Empire 2 and Command and Conquer: Red Alert (the original and 2).

5. When you start a new game, how do you approach it? Do you just wing it, or look up guides and collectable lists?
With new games, one thing I do read are the spoilers. I tend to like to know where a game is going to end. This sometimes causes me not to want to play the game or to just rush through it as I didn’t really care about the story. Its not like a movie or tv series to me as I can watch a trailer or a single episode and kind of figure out if it something I will like. Also doesn’t make me feel like I wasted 10 hours playing a crappy story.

This actually depends on the type of game. I dislike a lot of shooter games, so I tend to read up what is needed to complete it.
RPGs, I just play the game through normally, if it’s a game with an achievement Guide, I just look up to see if there is a miss-able achievement and if there are particular kills I need to do. Otherwise I play through every mission and or quest.

6. What's your favorite completion? Your worst scar?
Well I don’t really have a favorite completion. WWE 13 and Madden 13 are probably two of my best completions as required the most time. My worst scar is probably going to be Saints Row.

7. What do you think of the Xbox One? When do you plan to get the console? What titles look good to you?
I was actually excited for the Xbox one when they first announce it. I preordered right after I got off work that day. I also preordedr the PS4. With them changing doing a complete 360, I actually kind of lost interest in the next generation of consoles. Forza 5 , RYSE, and Dead Rising look good.(I think we will all agree) Will most likely pick up Forza 5 and RYSE, along with a couple of EA sports titles at launch. Even though Dead Rising look good, it really isn’t my type of game but will pick it up when it drops in price.
Can I mention I really wanted to play South Park Stick of Truth and am hoping ubisoft decides to release it on Xbox one as well.

8. What are your current gaming goals?
My goal at the beginning the year was to hit 150k, 85% completion, and 2.0 ratio. Well, those change when I join this site. My new goal is to try and hit 200k before the xbox one launches and to bring my game play library to 400 games and to have 125 retail completions.

9. Do you game on PC or WP as well as Xbox? What's your favorite games on those systems if you do? If not do you plan to get/use them in the future?
Well I just picked up my 1st windows phone this past Christmas and just install Windows 8 on macbook (1st windows OS’s I owned since 2008). Windows phone games are fun to past the time away nothing yet I would consider my favorite. Again Diablo 3 is my favorite, but just got to get myself into using a mouse and keyboard again after not playing any pc games in nearly 5 years.
I do love my windows phone and one thing I am looking to get is a Windows Tablet, but I am waiting till either Samsung or Nokia decides to make one, or until Microsoft fully integrates there the tablet functions into Windows 8/Xbox one which I believe they will eventually do.

10. What do you like about the site, what do you wish you could change?
I really enjoyed the site. I like boosting club and the competitions on the site. Movie Club especially since they count for dog bones, as I have been bored of gaming lately. Book Club is another thing I like but just waiting on something that interests me to join in on one.
There isn’t anything I would change, but I would like to get more involve in the site, not just be a very active participant.

Medals: 48
Seasoned Hound (1) Experienced Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) Basset Hound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Charitable (1) Broadcaster (1) Helping Paw (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) 4000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Weekly Blogger (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Donor (1) Booster CCL (1) Socialite (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) Been there, Done that (1)
Brick Breaker (1) For Albion! (1) 10 Xbox One Completions (1) Rarefied (1) AHP Competition 1st (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Community Manager (1) Boosting Club Coordinator (1) Scarred For Life (1) Big Barker (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
155 pcs.
453 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

ozbundyboy

Community Manager

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Cash on hand: 177055
Bank: 0.00
Australia

Re: Hound of the Month - October 2013 - acaraba2

Postby Facial La Fleur » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:49 am

Not much here I didn't already know from lots and lots of hanging out with AC this year playing games together. Didn't know how messy your setup was though. :P
Medals: 55
Experienced Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Broadcaster (1) Artist (1) Helping Paw (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Best in Show (1) Haughty Hound (1) We Bet You're Smiling (1) 3000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) 6 Month Blogger (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) First Time Caller (1) Inquiry (1) Guest Star (1) Community Cast Star (1) Contributor (1) Major Viral (1) Platinum Viral Gamer (1) Booster CCL (1) Eat, Sleep, Boost, Repeat (1) Had A Lil Help From My Friends (1)
Why Can't I Quit This Game? (1) Seriously? (1) One For the Spartans (1) Long Service Medal (1) The Veteran (1) Brick Breaker (1) A Real Hero (1) Love To Swipe (1) Yes, They're Brass (1) Top 10 (1) For Albion! (1) A True Jedi (1) PC Master Race (1) Denied (1) Gun Collector (1) Rarefied (1) Boosting Club Coordinator (1) Free Falling (1) Scarred For Life (1) To Do List Participant (1) Big Barker (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
11 pcs.
68 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
392 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Facial La Fleur

Boosting Coordinator

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Cash on hand: 35629
Bank: 382,585.00
United States of America

Postby acaraba2 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:33 pm

that wasn't even a setup I was in the process of doing my bedroom, my setup has change and is lot neater than it was then
Medals: 50
Experienced Hound (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Amazonian (1) Charitable (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Community Meetup (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Resolute (1) Halfway There (1) We Bet You're Smiling (1) 1000 posts (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Intern Blogger (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) Benefactor (1) Captain Viral (1) Gold Viral Gamer (1) Booster CCL (1) Eat, Sleep, Boost, Repeat (1) Had A Lil Help From My Friends (1) Been there, Done that (1) Seriously? (1) Brick Breaker (1) May The Forza Be With You (1)
Eye Of The Tiger (1) Gooooaaaaalllll!!!! (1) Love To Swipe (1) Yes, They're Brass (1) Top 10 (1) First! (1) Deja Vu II (1) 10 Xbox One Completions (1) All Rounder 3 (1) AHP Competition 1st (1) March Madness (1) Fantasy Football Winner (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Boosting Club Coordinator (1) Big Barker (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
16 pcs.
132 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
395 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

acaraba2

Boosting Coordinator

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Cash on hand: 72706
Bank: 2,500,561.00
United States of America

Postby ozbundyboy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:52 pm

acaraba2 wrote:that wasn't even a setup I was in the process of doing my bedroom, my setup has change and is lot neater than it was then

It doesn't look messy to me, in fact I think it's a lot tidier than my setup.
Medals: 48
Seasoned Hound (1) Experienced Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) Basset Hound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Charitable (1) Broadcaster (1) Helping Paw (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) 4000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Weekly Blogger (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Donor (1) Booster CCL (1) Socialite (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) Been there, Done that (1)
Brick Breaker (1) For Albion! (1) 10 Xbox One Completions (1) Rarefied (1) AHP Competition 1st (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Community Manager (1) Boosting Club Coordinator (1) Scarred For Life (1) Big Barker (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
155 pcs.
453 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

ozbundyboy

Community Manager

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Cash on hand: 177055
Bank: 0.00
Australia

Postby JStryke » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:47 am

He's a Philly fan? I don't think we're able to be friends anymore. :P
Follow me over on Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/jstryker416
Medals: 38
Experienced Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Majority Shareholder (1) Haughty Hound (1) Resolute (1) 1000 posts (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Progress?? (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Donor (1) Colonel Viral (1) Gold Viral Gamer (1) Booster L (1) Are We Done Yet? (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) Gat's Protige (1) Old School (1) Love To Swipe (1) Top 10 (1) First! (1) 30 Xbox One Completions (1) AHP Competition 1st (1) AHP Competition 2nd (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) AHP Competition Veteran (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Scarred For Life (1)
To Do List Participant (1) Big Barker (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
227 pcs.
245 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

JStryke
Top Dawg

Cash on hand: 69368
Bank: 902,900.00
United States of America

Postby Raviolicaponi » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:16 am

Give us an updated pic of your setup
Medals: 26
Experienced Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) Charitable (1) Artist (1) Community Spot Light (1) Jackpot (1) 500 posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Representative (1) Contributor (1) Gold Viral Gamer (1) Booster X (1) Requiescat In Pace (1) Brick Breaker (1) You Can't Miss the Bear (1) Human Polygraph (1) A Real Hero (1) The Booster Seat (1) Viral Games 2.0 (1) Top 10 (1) Rarefied (1) Eating up Quarters (1) RavioliCaponi (1) 2012 E3 Swagtacular Entrant (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1)
Virtual Shelf:
7 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
8 pcs.
1 pcs.
4 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
3 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Raviolicaponi

The Dogfather

Cash on hand: 38483
Bank: 76,970.00
United States of America

Postby acaraba2 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:14 am

Here it is

Medals: 50
Experienced Hound (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Amazonian (1) Charitable (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Community Meetup (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Resolute (1) Halfway There (1) We Bet You're Smiling (1) 1000 posts (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Intern Blogger (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) Benefactor (1) Captain Viral (1) Gold Viral Gamer (1) Booster CCL (1) Eat, Sleep, Boost, Repeat (1) Had A Lil Help From My Friends (1) Been there, Done that (1) Seriously? (1) Brick Breaker (1) May The Forza Be With You (1)
Eye Of The Tiger (1) Gooooaaaaalllll!!!! (1) Love To Swipe (1) Yes, They're Brass (1) Top 10 (1) First! (1) Deja Vu II (1) 10 Xbox One Completions (1) All Rounder 3 (1) AHP Competition 1st (1) March Madness (1) Fantasy Football Winner (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Boosting Club Coordinator (1) Big Barker (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
16 pcs.
132 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
395 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

acaraba2

Boosting Coordinator

Cash on hand: 72706
Bank: 2,500,561.00
United States of America

Postby Facial La Fleur » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:07 pm

Much better. :)
Medals: 55
Experienced Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Broadcaster (1) Artist (1) Helping Paw (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Best in Show (1) Haughty Hound (1) We Bet You're Smiling (1) 3000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) 6 Month Blogger (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) First Time Caller (1) Inquiry (1) Guest Star (1) Community Cast Star (1) Contributor (1) Major Viral (1) Platinum Viral Gamer (1) Booster CCL (1) Eat, Sleep, Boost, Repeat (1) Had A Lil Help From My Friends (1)
Why Can't I Quit This Game? (1) Seriously? (1) One For the Spartans (1) Long Service Medal (1) The Veteran (1) Brick Breaker (1) A Real Hero (1) Love To Swipe (1) Yes, They're Brass (1) Top 10 (1) For Albion! (1) A True Jedi (1) PC Master Race (1) Denied (1) Gun Collector (1) Rarefied (1) Boosting Club Coordinator (1) Free Falling (1) Scarred For Life (1) To Do List Participant (1) Big Barker (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
11 pcs.
68 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
392 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Facial La Fleur

Boosting Coordinator

Cash on hand: 35629
Bank: 382,585.00
United States of America

Postby Raviolicaponi » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:56 pm

That's looks sweet
Medals: 26
Experienced Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) Charitable (1) Artist (1) Community Spot Light (1) Jackpot (1) 500 posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Representative (1) Contributor (1) Gold Viral Gamer (1) Booster X (1) Requiescat In Pace (1) Brick Breaker (1) You Can't Miss the Bear (1) Human Polygraph (1) A Real Hero (1) The Booster Seat (1) Viral Games 2.0 (1) Top 10 (1) Rarefied (1) Eating up Quarters (1) RavioliCaponi (1) 2012 E3 Swagtacular Entrant (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1)
Virtual Shelf:
7 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
8 pcs.
1 pcs.
4 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
3 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Raviolicaponi

The Dogfather

Cash on hand: 38483
Bank: 76,970.00
United States of America

Return to Hound of the Month