Achievement Hounds Podcast • View topic - Hound of the Month - November 2014: LSC Mr Sandman

Hound of the Month - November 2014: LSC Mr Sandman

Hound of the Month - November 2014: LSC Mr Sandman

Postby ozbundyboy » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:27 pm

Greetings and Salutations fellow hounds. I hope you all had a most excellent Halloween. So here's your trick or treat, it is an interview with one of our most esteemed members of the site, who will always be remembered for twitching his efforts to get one of the most annoying achievements in Hannah Montana during Extra Life 2013. It is the one and only Swiss gaming master, LSC Mr Sandman.

1. First, lets start off by having you explain your gamer tag- what does it mean and how do you pronounce it correctly?
The LSC means Laufetaler Schwarzbuebe Connection. It's basically the place where me and my buddies used to live when we first met and started playing games together. The MrSandman part comes from a very catchy song and that's basically it...

Watch on youtube.com

2. Tell us a little about yourself: where do you live, what do you do for a living, do you have non-gaming hobbies?
I recently moved to a new place near Basel in the beautiful country of Switzerland.

I also started a new job at a farm where I do all kinds of things. Look after all the animals (dogs, sheep, chickens, ducks and horses), repair everything that's broken and so on and so forth. It's a great job because I do a lot of different things each day and I work a lot outside which is a plus. On the side I also work as freelance writer even though I don't have as much time to do it as I used to.

When it comes to hobbies I could go on and on. But I keep it to my most important ones. I absolutely love to read and write. Both kinda fall into the same categorie for me. Recently I also started to get back into knitting and crocheting. There's nothing better than watching a good show on TV and knitting haha.

3. When and how did you get into achievements?
It all started pretty much when I got my launch Xbox 360. While I really enjoyed getting those achievements I have to admit I didn't really understand them at that point. I really started getting into them once Resident Evil 5 came out. It was the first game where I really wanted to get all the achievements there were. Which I did... But then came the shitty Versus DLC and that's pretty much it.

4. If there were no such things as achievements, what gaming would you be doing and on which console?
While the Xbox systems are by far my favorite place to play games I also enjoy games on PlayStation consoles (and the Vita), the Wii U and 3DS as well as PC. So I'd pretty much continue playing games like I already do.

5. What's your favourite genre? (Include a few specific games)
My two favorite genres of Shooters and RPGs. When it comes to Shooters I'm a big Call of Duty fan since the very first one. On the roleplaying side I recently got into old-school Dungeons & Dragons but that's a different kind of beast... Gaming wise I enjoy the Dragon Age and Witcher series. Really looking forward to the third part of each of them.

Of course I also absolutely love when a game combines both genres. Like Destiny right now that combination really draws me in.

6. When you start a new game, how do you approach it? Do you just wing it, or look up guides and collectable lists?
For me when it comes to games and achievements there is always one thing that stands above all other things: having fun! So when I start I just wing it. The few exceptions are easy completions for things like gamerscore contests where I just look at a guide before I start.

7. What's your favorite completion and why?
It may not be a tough completion but I'm really proud about Forza Horizon. Mainly because it's the best racing game there ever was... Well until now that we have Forza Horizon 2... I plan to complete that one as well but at my pace... Gee that's gonna take freaking forever.

8. What is your least favourite completion and why?
There isn't really anything like a least favourite. Maybe Fallout 3 on PC because I didn't actually play the game at all? Yeah I have to go with that one. It at least won me a contest so there's that...

9. What is your favourite achievement?

Probably Mile High Club in Call of Duty 4. What a kick ass mission that is!

10. What game is your worst scar and why do you wish you never played it?
My worst scar has to be the first Deathspank. Not because it's a bad game. I love it! But I completed it on my old profile and wanted to do the same thing on this one... But I unlocked the first Avatar Award but can't get any achievements to unlock... So it just sits on my profile with 0 Gamerscore. Bummer...

11. What do you think of the Xbox One? When do you plan to get the console? What titles look good to you?
I already have one since launch and the longer I own it the more I love it. More and more I find it hard to get back to the 360 to be honest. Currently I'm looking forward to Dragon Age: Inquisition, Advanced Warfare and Threes!

12. What are your current gaming goals?
To get the most gamerscore in Switzerland. My new job slows me down to get there though...

13. Do you game on PC or WP as well as Xbox? What's your favorite games on those systems if you do? If not do you plan to get/use them in the future?
Yeah I unlocked achievements on every system where you can get them. But as I already said: when I find time to play games I usually stick to my Xbox One at the moment. If I had to choose another one I'd go with the two Wordaments since it's a quick, challenging and fun game.

14. If your life was to be made into a movie, what sort of movie would it be and what actor/actress would act as your character?
I guess some kind of weird little indie niche movie? Hard to tell to be honest. My actor of choice would be Zachary Levy. He's already basically a less handsome version of myself

15. When you have gained every achievement in a game, do you ever go back to the game to play it just for fun? Why/Why not?
If a game is fun I will always play it. No doubt about it!

16. If money wasn’t an issue and you were able to create your own game what would the game be called? What genre of game would it be and what would the game be about?
Pokémon MMO? Pokémon MMO!
Q: How do you get Pikachu onto a tram? A: You Poke him on

17. When you are gaming do you eat or drink anything? If so, what do you eat or drink when gaming?
Drinks? Mainly tap water. Cheap, healthy and tasty. Sometimes when I want to get fancy I also enjoy a cold Capri Sun or a tea. Recently stopped drinking soda (soft drink in aussie speak)which was a great decision!

Eating? Usually I don't really eat while playing games. If I do I'm just gonna eat a carot. Damn, when and how did I start to live healthy?

18. What do you think gaming will be like in 20 years time?
I hope just as much fun as it is today! How it's gonna look like? Hopefully still with a controller and on a screen. I'm just old school like that.

19. What do you like about the site, what do you wish you could change?
Nothing really to be honest. But more active members (and myself being more active as well) would always be great.

20. Is there anyone you’d like to give a shout out to?
The whole AH community that makes this possible. I love all of you beautiful people <3
Medals: 48
Seasoned Hound (1) Experienced Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) Basset Hound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Charitable (1) Broadcaster (1) Helping Paw (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) 4000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Weekly Blogger (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Donor (1) Booster CCL (1) Socialite (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) Been there, Done that (1)
Brick Breaker (1) For Albion! (1) 10 Xbox One Completions (1) Rarefied (1) AHP Competition 1st (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Community Manager (1) Boosting Club Coordinator (1) Scarred For Life (1) Big Barker (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
155 pcs.
453 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

ozbundyboy

Community Manager

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Cash on hand: 177055
Bank: 0.00
Australia

Re: Hound of the Month - November 2014: LSC Mr Sandman

Postby Xtowers » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:50 am

Sandman doesn't like anything about the site T_T

Good read, sir!
11,500 GamerScore and 10 retail completions obtained thanks to Viral Games.
Medals: 31
New Hound on the Block (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Amazonian (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Haughty Hound (1) Fortunate (1) 900 posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Weekly Blogger (1) Representative (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Donor (1) Gold Viral Gamer (1) Booster I (1) Love To Swipe (1) Top 10 (1) Mind Sculptor (1) Bird Flew (1) Denied (1) AHP Competition 2nd (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) March Madness (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1)
Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
22 pcs.
107 pcs.
143 pcs.
3 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Xtowers
Top Dawg

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Cash on hand: 58550
Bank: 251,003.00
United States of America

Return to Hound of the Month