Achievement Hounds Podcast • View topic - Hound of the Month - September 2014 - Frawstfever

Hound of the Month - September 2014 - Frawstfever

Hound of the Month - September 2014 - Frawstfever

Postby ozbundyboy » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:09 pm

Good morning on this first day of September and what a lovely day it is outside (not, it's cold and wet here). Yes we have a new hound of the month interview for you and this one responded with answers even faster than the previous hound of the month. I got this response back the day after sending the questions. This member has only been a member on the site for a few months and in that time has shown how interested he is in the community by becoming a boosting co-ordinator, with out further ado, let's welcome our Hound of the Month for September, Frawstfever.

1. First, let’s start off by having you explain your gamer tag- what does it mean and how do you pronounce it correctly?
A ~ I used to be quite Heavy into WoW, I played a Death Knight and 1 of their diseases they inflicted was "Frost Fever" I like the way it sounded so I adopted it as my main toons name, I know its spelled different over Live "Frawstfever" but someone down in South Carolina beat me to it and hasn’t been on in years so until I can find some combination of characters I can place before and after to get the spelling correct, this will do and as far as its pronounced "Frostfever" but will respond to "frost","fever" "that Canadian sounding guy"

2. Tell us a little about yourself: where do you live, what do you do for a living, do you have non-gaming hobbies?
A ~ Real name is Glen, I live in North Bay, Ontario but im from Nova Scotia. I work for the Department of National Defense, more specifically NORAD. I have an amazing wife and 2 awesome boys (1 & 5)

As far as Non-Gaming Habits, I mean hobbies I collect Lego Sets, I have over 100 Unique star wars Lego sets and some Batman and a few odd sets (the TNG Enterprise), also I have a love for Jigsaw Puzzles. Recently I’ve joined a D&D group from work.

3. When and how did you get into achievements?
A ~ In 2008, somewhere between playing Bully and Oblivion, and why well I’ve always been an extreme completionist (FFX) I completed the ENTIRE sphere grid for EVERYONE, and that dedication was present at the age of 16.

4. If there were no such things as achievements, what gaming would you be doing and on which console?
A ~ Nintendo I guess, Mario Games are classic and DK he’s my boy. Plus they have a lot of Multiplayer games around my kids/wife’s skill/interest level and I love when I can play with them

5. What's your favorite genre? (Include a few specific games)
A ~ Hands down RPG's (Xbox Lost odyssey) (PS Suikoden, Crono Trigger, Digimon)

6. When you start a new game, how do you approach it? Do you just wing it, or look up guides and collectable lists?
A ~ Before TA, just wing it and go back afterwards, After study the missable achievements cause playing AC the first time was fun, kind of mundane the 2nd, and putting 40 hours into FF13 just to find out you may have sold something you never going to get back is painful to restart

7. What's your favorite completion and why?
A ~ Banjo Kazooie N&B, why because Rare makes awesome games, decent racing, minigames, collectibles, free will and rhyming baddies.

8. What is your least favorite completion and why?
A ~ Honestly I don’t really have one yet, but I am currently working on FF13 and I can see it being a contender for that title.

9. What is your favorite achievement?
A ~ If I had to say 1 completing the Chop Shops in the Saint Rows games, I just love stealing cars.

10. What game is your worst scar and why do you wish you never played it?
A ~ Chomehounds I loved it when I started playing it and then I stopped to do something out, I join TA to find out EA closed a lot of their servers and I’ll NEVER be able to finish IT EVER

11. What do you think of the Xbox One? When do you plan to get the console? What titles look good to you?
A ~ Don’t have it yet, but I like the idea of being able to hook the Xbox through the One to save on TV inputs (Cords are the bane of my life)

12. What are your current gaming goals?
A ~ Right now I’m trying to get my completion % up, I’d love to have it above 75% at all times but between Rockband/Guitar Hero/DDR/Chomehounds it might be difficult

13. Do you game on PC or WP as well as Xbox? What's your favorite games on those systems if you do? If not do you plan to get/use them in the future?
A ~ PC Highly unlikely that I’ll play another game on that WP, I’ve actually been without a cell phone for around 9 years now, but I know the wife wants one for school but then again shell prob never let me use it lol

14. If your life was to be made into a movie, what sort of movie would it be and what actor/actress would act as your character?
A ~ Very simple It be an action movie, I’d play myself but the romantic interest would be played by Milla jovovich, to be honest It would be a parody movie played by Weird Al Yankovic, and of course all his music would be in the soundtrack.

15. When you have gained every achievement in a game, do you ever go back to the game to play it just for fun? Why/Why not?
A ~ For fun no, my OCD is satisfied that there is no point in playing this again. But if someone needs help with it I think I would dust it off.

16. If money wasn’t an issue and you were able to create your own game what would the game be called? What genre of game would it be and what would the game be about?
A ~ Toughie I think it would have to be like "Beyond Good and Evil" but with more action. As far a name it leave that up to the marketing guys that what they are paid for and what it would be about Destroying the world there are too many games save this, rescue this person, BLah blah blah, KILL DESTROY AND BURN EVERYTHING TO THE GROUND

17. When you are gaming do you eat or drink anything? If so, what do you eat or drink when gaming?
A ~ Depends on a lot of things Is it in the morning if so, i need 2-3 coffee's to perform at optimum levels, during the afternoon (if it’s hot or muggy I crack open a gatorade, as for food maybe some fruit or veggies, I like to sit down with my family and eat as much as possible, that being said, depending if a session is running late I might sit down a bit later.

18. What do you think gaming will be like in 20 years’ time?
A ~ One word "Holodeck"

Yes, I'm a Trekkie and my favourite TNG character was Geordi La Forge - oz

19. What do you like about the site, what do you wish you could change?
A ~ I love the fact that were all likeminded individuals and what I’d like to change is well recently (as in 60 mins of writing this) I am one of two active Canadian members,
and due to postage reasons we are excluded from the viral games activities.

20. Is there anyone you’d like to give a shout out to?
A ~ Oh yes, First of all my loving wife who even though tease and torments me especially when I wake up early morning (2-3am) to play Protect tha pimp.. she understand and puts up with me, to oz for letting me join that puzzle arcade session which ultimately lead me to joining AHP, to the Canadian Forces who pay me ridiculous amounts of money for the actually"work" I really do, and a HUGE shout out to all the North Bay people trade in their $60 dollar games to pawn shops, where they turn around and sell them for $15 and I haggle them down to $10.
Medals: 48
Seasoned Hound (1) Experienced Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) Basset Hound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Charitable (1) Broadcaster (1) Helping Paw (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) 4000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Weekly Blogger (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Donor (1) Booster CCL (1) Socialite (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) Been there, Done that (1)
Brick Breaker (1) For Albion! (1) 10 Xbox One Completions (1) Rarefied (1) AHP Competition 1st (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Community Manager (1) Boosting Club Coordinator (1) Scarred For Life (1) Big Barker (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
155 pcs.
453 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

ozbundyboy

Community Manager

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Cash on hand: 177055
Bank: 0.00
Australia

Re: Hound of the Month - September 2014 - Frawstfever

Postby Facial La Fleur » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:09 am

Glad to see another great interview. And let me formally welcome you to the site and team since I haven't been actively following the newcomers section lately. I'm of the small percentage of players that enjoyed Final Fantasy XIII. Someday I need to play the other two games in the storyline.
Medals: 55
Experienced Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Broadcaster (1) Artist (1) Helping Paw (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Best in Show (1) Haughty Hound (1) We Bet You're Smiling (1) 3000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) 6 Month Blogger (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) First Time Caller (1) Inquiry (1) Guest Star (1) Community Cast Star (1) Contributor (1) Major Viral (1) Platinum Viral Gamer (1) Booster CCL (1) Eat, Sleep, Boost, Repeat (1) Had A Lil Help From My Friends (1)
Why Can't I Quit This Game? (1) Seriously? (1) One For the Spartans (1) Long Service Medal (1) The Veteran (1) Brick Breaker (1) A Real Hero (1) Love To Swipe (1) Yes, They're Brass (1) Top 10 (1) For Albion! (1) A True Jedi (1) PC Master Race (1) Denied (1) Gun Collector (1) Rarefied (1) Boosting Club Coordinator (1) Free Falling (1) Scarred For Life (1) To Do List Participant (1) Big Barker (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
11 pcs.
68 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
392 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Facial La Fleur

Boosting Coordinator

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Cash on hand: 35629
Bank: 382,585.00
United States of America

Re: Hound of the Month - September 2014 - Frawstfever

Postby Xtowers » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:08 am

I read this a couple days ago, but I forgot to say "Good read!".
11,500 GamerScore and 10 retail completions obtained thanks to Viral Games.
Medals: 31
New Hound on the Block (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Amazonian (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Haughty Hound (1) Fortunate (1) 900 posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Weekly Blogger (1) Representative (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Donor (1) Gold Viral Gamer (1) Booster I (1) Love To Swipe (1) Top 10 (1) Mind Sculptor (1) Bird Flew (1) Denied (1) AHP Competition 2nd (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) March Madness (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1)
Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
22 pcs.
107 pcs.
143 pcs.
3 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Xtowers
Top Dawg

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Cash on hand: 58550
Bank: 251,003.00
United States of America

Return to Hound of the Month