Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/content/50/9649550/html/forums/arcade/includes/functions.php on line 117
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4864: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/arcade/includes/functions.php:117)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4866: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/arcade/includes/functions.php:117)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4867: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/arcade/includes/functions.php:117)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4868: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/arcade/includes/functions.php:117)
Achievement Hounds Podcast • View topic - Hound of the Month - June 2014: spankyNspronkle

Hound of the Month - June 2014: spankyNspronkle

Hound of the Month - June 2014: spankyNspronkle

Postby ozbundyboy » Sat May 31, 2014 9:49 am

Hello and welcome to the latest Hound of the Month Interview. This month's guest is our newest Community Manager - spankyNspronkle. Interestingly he took less than a week to get his questions answered and sent back to me which is a lot faster than some people out there.

1. First, lets start off by having you explain your gamer tag- what does it mean and how do you pronounce it correctly?
On my first date with my now wife, we had grabbed some ice cream and she asked for “spronkles” instead of “sprinkles” on top of her ice cream and the nickname just kind of stuck. Spanky is a nickname that has stuck with me since high school so I decided to just combine the two since most of the games I played early on had co-op and the two of us were always on the system. She isn’t on much anymore unless I am playing Halo. I think within that explanation you’ll get a since of how to pronounce each part

2. Tell us a little about yourself: where do you live, what do you do for a living, do you have non-gaming hobbies?
Well, I am on Long Island in NY and have been out here since 2006 when I moved out from my parents house my senior year of my undergrad and never looked back. I work for a very large health system and am the financial manager of 2 of the hospitals. They are both specialty institutions and deal with Children in one and Psychiatry in the other. Despite how they are portrayed in movies, “psychiatric wards” are not as scary as they may seem. Outside of gaming I spend a lot of time with the wife and dog and am looking forward to spending time with my son/daughter when they arrive later this year.

3. When and how did you get into achievements?
I remember going through the spectrum of an achievement hunter pretty quickly… My first two games for the 360 were NCAA Football 2007 and MLB 2K6. I realized how easy they were and how I’d do anything to get them all (changing sliders and even simming out all of those years in NCAA). Feeling on top of the world I went after Hexic and quickly realized not everything was an easy completion.

4. If there were no such things as achievements, what gaming would you be doing and on which console?
I was a “bro gamer” back in college so a lot would have changed. I’d likely still be on my 360 and only buying the latest Call of Duty/Gears/Halo and primarily sticking to MP. Achievement have actually gotten me to play things I wouldn’t have... games that I enjoy looking back at them (just recently Deadlight)

5. What's your favourite genre? (Include a few specific games)
Definitely shooters. I have always been a fan of Gears of War and the Call of Duty Games. Plants vs. Zombies, as childish as it is, is the best shooter out right now in my honest opinion.

6. When you start a new game, how do you approach it? Do you just wing it, or look up guides and collectable lists?
I always do research beforehand so I know what I am getting myself into. If mission select is available, I will always play through my first time without a collectible guide and just go back for them later. If not, I will generally use a guide from the start. I also like to know about difficulties. I will probably be playing Tomb Raider Definitive Edition on easy since I don’t recall any difficulty related achievements.

7. What's your favorite completion and why?
I wish I could say my first, but sadly I don’t remember it since I didn't have Xbox Live until later on. I’d probably have to go with Guitar Hero Aerosmith since it’s my highest TA ratio with no “funny business” (boosting MP, exploits like game coding in L4D, ect.)

8. What is your least favourite completion and why?
Fallout 3 (PC) since I did pretty much nothing to get the completion other than enter codes. It actually makes me even more ashamed since I am only about an hour into Fallout 3 on the 360.

9. What is your favourite achievement?
Guitar Hero 3: Big 'Ol Pile of Wins (Win 500 Online Ranked matches). I loved this game and every single one of those wins was legitimate. I wasn’t the best at the game, but I enjoyed every second of the MP.

10. What game is your worst scar and why do you wish you never played it?
WWE: Allstars. I generally know when I start a game if it will be an easy 1000, a hard/long 1000 or a game I won’t even attempt to go for the completion. I bean dived this game during the endless bean dive and the servers closed unannounced about a month later. Unfortunately, it was on my easy 1000 list so I am bitter that I don’t get to finish it… even though I’ll still end up with like 700 GS out of it.

11. What do you think of the Xbox One? When do you plan to get the console? What titles look good to you?
Got it day one and I love it! Plants vs. Zombies is fantastic… Titanfall is great. I am obsessed with Forza 5. Plus my backlog is already Ryse, Dead Rising 3 and Tomb Raider. I am going to be investing a lot more into this console than I did the 360. I am also excited for Games with Gold!

12. What are your current gaming goals?
To catch oz now that I left David in the dust… Yea, I went there. In all seriousness, I just want to complete my disc based 360 titles so I can turn my 360 into a digital only box and concentrate on my Xbox One. Between my 360 backlog and all the viral games, I don’t give my Xbox One my full attention yet.

13. Do you game on PC or WP as well as Xbox? What's your favorite games on those systems if you do? If not do you plan to get/use them in the future?
I use my Surface for some Win 8 games, but I was never a PC gamer… Since GFWL is shutting down soon, there isn’t a point in starting now. I do want a WP down the road, but I will have to wait until my contract expires (through my company) to upgrade. Should happen sometime around Christmas this year!

14. If your life was to be made into a movie, what sort of movie would it be and what actor/actress would act as your character?
Given the situations I usually get myself into, probably some type of comedy. I’d hope for someone like Paul Rudd to play me… dude is awesome in just about everything he does.

15. When you have gained every achievement in a game, do you ever go back to the game to play it just for fun? Why/Why not?
Never. There are so many games on the 360 and Xbox One that there is no need to keep replaying. If I really like the game, I’ll try to get another from the series or one that is similar in style.

16. If money wasn’t an issue and you were able to create your own game what would the game be called? What genre of game would it be and what would the game be about?
I actually liked the movie Baseketball… I think it would make an interesting sports title. Take note, EA… It could be HUGE!

17. When you are gaming do you eat or drink anything? If so, what do you eat or drink when gaming?
I generally don’t like to eat since it gets the controller all grimy. I usually just have a water bottle or something if I get thirsty… If doing Xbox Fitness or Zumba, I definitely have water handy!

18. What do you think gaming will be like in 20 years time?
I would have said motion based, but since the Wii-U is an epic flop, the Kinect has been unbundled and you never hear anything about the PS Move… I’ll say that we are exactly where we are today. On a couch with a controller in hand. Hopefully hitting 1080p and 60 fps haha

19. What do you like about the site, what do you wish you could change?
I love everything about the site and participate in everything I can. I am an avid viral gamer… always involved in contests and even hosted a few of my own…. although not too much lately, boosting club as well! As for things to change, I want to see member activity going up. It’s actually why I wanted to become a community manager… try to work on new ideas to get people interested and active in the site.

20. Is there anyone you’d like to give a shout out to?
Facial for the RTDLC (what brought me to the site)… oz and griff for showing me the ropes… Boosting Club (especially for the help with the L4D’s)… Kez and the rest of the viral games for keeping a great service running smoothly….Basically anyone else that has participated in events I have hosted or helped me in some way.

… DavidMcC1989 for keeping me motivated to get gamerscore. haha

And the fellas for hosting a great podcast. It keeps me entertained on an otherwise miserable commute.
Medals: 48
Seasoned Hound (1) Experienced Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) Basset Hound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Charitable (1) Broadcaster (1) Helping Paw (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) 4000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Weekly Blogger (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Donor (1) Booster CCL (1) Socialite (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) Been there, Done that (1)
Brick Breaker (1) For Albion! (1) 10 Xbox One Completions (1) Rarefied (1) AHP Competition 1st (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Community Manager (1) Boosting Club Coordinator (1) Scarred For Life (1) Big Barker (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
155 pcs.
453 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

ozbundyboy

Community Manager

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Cash on hand: 177055
Bank: 0.00
Australia

Re: Hound of the Month - June 2014: spankyNspronkle

Postby griffey95 » Sat May 31, 2014 3:49 pm

Good post. Nice to know more about our new CM :)
Medals: 54
Experienced Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Charitable (1) Broadcaster (1) Helping Paw (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Community Meetup (1) Haughty Hound (1) Resolute (1) Halfway There (1) Jackpot (1) 2000 Posts (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) First Time Caller (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Guest Star (1) Community Cast Star (1) The Good Samaritan (1) Major Viral (1) Gold Viral Gamer (1) Booster XXX (1) Boosting Medley (1) Been there, Done that (1) May The Forza Be With You (1)
Mind Sculptor (1) 10 Xbox One Completions (1) All Rounder 2 (1) Denied (1) Eaglemaniac (1) Down, Fido (1) BFF (1) Sandwich Lover (1) Gun Collector (1) Points to Burn (1) The Collector (1) Out Of The Ordinary (1) Consigliere (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Community Manager (1) 2012 E3 Swagtacular Entrant (1) Scarred For Life (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List Participant (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
7 pcs.
117 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
117 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

griffey95

Community Manager

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Cash on hand: 157288
Bank: 3,844,476.00
Japan

Postby buffs » Sat May 31, 2014 5:40 pm

Good interview as always and congrats to spanky on CM again!!
Medals: 32
Seasoned Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Literate (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) 1000 posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Guest Star (1) Community Cast Star (1) Donor (1) Platinum Viral Gamer (1) Booster C (1) Okay, Maybe One More... (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) Human Polygraph (1) The Booster Seat (1) Eaglemaniac (1) AHP Competition 2nd (1) Viral Games Manager (1) 2012 E3 Swagtacular Entrant (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List Participant (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1)
To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
20 pcs.
20 pcs.
20 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

buffs
Top Dawg

Cash on hand: 74788
Bank: 0.00
United States of America

Postby bigeasy97 » Sat May 31, 2014 8:51 pm

Great interview and congrats on the upcoming addition to the family!
Medals: 42
Experienced Hound (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Haughty Hound (1) Halfway There (1) Fortunate (1) 2000 Posts (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Gift of Gab (1) The Year In Review (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) First Time Caller (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Contributor (1) Major Viral (1) Platinum Viral Gamer (1) Booster XXX (1) Boosting Medley (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) A Real Hero (1) The Booster Seat (1) Top 10 (1) Deja Vu I (1) 30 Xbox One Completions (1)
All Rounder 2 (1) Denied (1) AHP Competition 2nd (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) VIP GoW #100 Winner (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
24 pcs.
116 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
140 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

bigeasy97
Top Dawg

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Cash on hand: 62003
Bank: 1,038,890.00
United States of America

Postby Religious Nut » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:34 pm

Enjoyed the interview....baseket ball was funny as hell.
Medals: 29
New Hound on the Block (1) Greyhound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Amazonian (1) Charitable (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) 100 Posts (1) Street Team (1) Philanthropist (1) Captain Viral (1) Silver Viral Gamer (1) Booster X (1) One For the Spartans (1) Long Service Medal (1) Brick Breaker (1) A Real Hero (1) Old School (1) The Booster Seat (1) Viral Games 2.0 (1) Big Daddy (1) Bethesdaholic (1) First! (1) Participation Puppy (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
25 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
61 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Religious Nut
Graduate

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Cash on hand: 130128
Bank: 361,011.00
United States of America

Postby Facial La Fleur » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:15 pm

Thoroughly enjoyed learning more about you. And congrats on your new staff position. Hopefully it isn't too overwhelming and run you off. ;)
Medals: 55
Experienced Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Broadcaster (1) Artist (1) Helping Paw (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Best in Show (1) Haughty Hound (1) We Bet You're Smiling (1) 3000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) 6 Month Blogger (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) First Time Caller (1) Inquiry (1) Guest Star (1) Community Cast Star (1) Contributor (1) Major Viral (1) Platinum Viral Gamer (1) Booster CCL (1) Eat, Sleep, Boost, Repeat (1) Had A Lil Help From My Friends (1)
Why Can't I Quit This Game? (1) Seriously? (1) One For the Spartans (1) Long Service Medal (1) The Veteran (1) Brick Breaker (1) A Real Hero (1) Love To Swipe (1) Yes, They're Brass (1) Top 10 (1) For Albion! (1) A True Jedi (1) PC Master Race (1) Denied (1) Gun Collector (1) Rarefied (1) Boosting Club Coordinator (1) Free Falling (1) Scarred For Life (1) To Do List Participant (1) Big Barker (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
11 pcs.
68 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
392 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Facial La Fleur

Boosting Coordinator

Cash on hand: 35629
Bank: 382,585.00
United States of America

Postby Cowboy Bucket » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:08 pm

Good interview and congrats..
Medals: 8
New Hound on the Block (1) One Of Us (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Haughty Hound (1) Booster V (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) Long Service Medal (1) Eye Of The Tiger (1)
Virtual Shelf:
5 pcs.
16 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Cowboy Bucket
Novice

Cash on hand: 0
Bank: 46,848.00
United States of America

Return to Hound of the Month