Achievement Hounds Podcast • View topic - Hound of the Month - January 2014: Mattism

Hound of the Month - January 2014: Mattism

Hound of the Month - January 2014: Mattism

Postby ozbundyboy » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:48 pm

Hello, Happy New Year and welcome to the first Hound of the Month Interview for 2014, our lucky interviewee this month is a fellow boosting co-ordinator who hails from the East Coast of the USA, but I will not keep you in suspense too long. Welcome Mattism to the January Hound of the Month.

1. First, lets start off by having you explain your gamer tag- what does it mean and how do you pronounce it correctly?

Mattism is just a name I obtained at work a while ago. I sometimes say something that is just plain silly. So they started recording these down in a little list that grew into a large list. They dubbed these as Mattism’s. So when I got my Xbox this was the name I used.

2. Tell us a little about yourself: where do you live, what do you do for a living, do you have non-gaming hobbies?

I live in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. It is a nice place to live even if you have to dodge a tornado once or twice a year. For a living I am a software developer/engineer. My non-gaming hobbies include reading, sports, and doing whatever with my kids.

Oklahoma City, does look like a nice place to live.

3. When and how did you get into achievements?
I got into achievements basically from the start of me getting the system back in 2006. I was not as hard core about it as I am now but I did try to get a full completion on a game if I thought it was possible.

4. If there were no such things as achievements, what gaming would you be doing and on which console?

I think if there were no achievements I would still play a 360. I would probable play a few more shooters online and would not play as many games as I have. I would also play more PC games like Total War and Company of Heroes.

5. What's your favorite genre? (Include a few specific games)

If I had to pick I would have to say it is a split between Shooters and RPG’s, leaning more towards RPG. Here is a list of some of my favorite games:
• Diablo 3
• Lost Odyssey
• Skyrim
• Ghost Recon Future Soldier
• Left 4 Dead 2 (PC)
• Metro 2033
• Syndicate

ImageImageImage

6. When you start a new game, how do you approach it? Do you just wing it, or look up guides and collectable lists?

When I start a new game I like to look at the achievements and see if there is one for difficulty. I like to play the hardest difficulty first. I will almost always use a collectible guide if there is one available because I don’t want to play a game more than once if I can avoid it.

7. What's your favorite completion and why?

To me a completion is completing the game based 1k. So currently my favorite completion is Mirror’s Edge. I like this one because it was a challenge to do all the runs through the trials. I also enjoyed the story and the speed run of the story. I still need to buy the DLC for this and play through that but I just have not done it.

8. What is your least favorite completion and why?

Eragon is my least favorite completion. I just could not get into this game and then having to play it multiple times to fully 1k it was just horrible. It was like running head long into a brick wall getting up and doing it again and not really knowing why you did it.

9. What is your favorite achievement?
I really have 3 that are my favorites:

Image Gold Trophy (Splinter Cell: Double Agent)
ImagePt (Prototype)
ImagePeggle Professor (Peggle)

10. What game is your worst scar and why do you wish you never played it?

Well that depends on what you mean by worst scar. I have quite a few games that I only have 1 achievement in due to the bean dive. A game that I don’t really want to go back to and play would be Dance Dance Revolution Universe. It is my oldest scar and one I sometimes wonder WTF was I thinking.

11. What do you think of the Xbox One? When do you plan to get the console? What titles look good to you?

I like the X1. There are things that I am trying to get used to with it that I am not sure how much I like. It is just a lot different than the 360 and it will take some time with it to understand. Things that I like about the console are the tracking of your status for achievements. I wished this was done more on the 360 but having it on the X1 is great. I do like to pin items. I did not use this ability all that much before but find myself using I more now. oz - I like all of these things, but one thing I miss is not being able to see how much power is left in the controller batteries. The games that I bought with the console included Forza 5, CoD Ghost (Dual digital pack for 360 and X1), Zoo Tycoon, and Peggle 2. I was not all that excited for any of the games that were coming out at launch but I had to have something to play so that is what I went with. I will say that 2014 is where I am looking to for games. I am looking forward to Thief and Titanfall currently.

12. What are your current gaming goals?

My current gaming goals are to go through my stockpile of games and trim it down to something manageable and finish off a lot of them. I think I am at a point where I just want to play through stuff and not worry if I get a full 1k out of a game. But then again my ADD might still kick in and make me try to finish all my games. My latest goal that I decided to do with the X1 is to go through the Xbox Fitness application and 1k it and lose some weight. I might even start up a little competition on the site for it.

13. Do you game on PC or WP as well as Xbox? What's your favorite games on those systems if you do? If not do you plan to get/use them in the future?

I do game on the PC and the WP. On the PC my favorite game is Left 4 Dead 2 and Civilization 5. On the WP I don’t really have a favorite game. I just play whatever. Those games are mostly time wasters and there for my kids to play.

14. If your life was to be made into a movie, what sort of movie would it be and what actor/actress would act as your character?

Now you are asking the hard hitting questions. I would think my life would be made into a spy thriller but most likely it would be some crazy drama. The actor that would play me would be Matt Damon because people at times have said I kind of look like him(when I was a wee bit thinner).

15. When you have gained every achievement in a game, do you ever go back to the game to play it just for fun? Why/Why not?

I don’t usually go back to game and play them once I get a full 1k/completion out of the game. It is because I have so a load of games and I like to move on to something else. I also have a bad case of gamer ADD and tend to jump to new shiny games that come out.

16. If money wasn’t an issue and you were able to create your own game what would the game be called? What genre of game would it be and what would the game be about?

I think I would like to create a game like Syndicate. I thought that was a really fun game and a game that did not get enough love. I do like games that have 4 player coop like Syndicate has in it. So it would be a shooter that would have a single player and up to 4 player coop. Don’t really have a good story idea but like I said it could be based on Syndicate.

17. When you are gaming do you eat or drink anything? If so, what do you eat or drink when gaming?

When I am gaming I don’t usually eat anything. I sometimes have a coke or water with me but I tend to forget about them and not drink much of it.

18. What do you think gaming will be like in 20 years time?

I really don’t know what it will be like. I am sure they will try to make it even more real or have it kind of like the Holodeck in Star Trek which would be kind of cool. But then again if you were out of shape it might not be all that cool. I just hope that it will still be engaging and fun.

19. What do you like about the site, what do you wish you could change?

I like the people on the site and the different sections that you can participate in. I don’t really have anything that I would change on the site. It seems to be doing ok and does not need any major changes.

20. Is there anyone you’d like to give a shout out to?

Just all my regular boost peeps and letting them know I’ll be back.
Watch on youtube.com
Medals: 48
Seasoned Hound (1) Experienced Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) Basset Hound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Charitable (1) Broadcaster (1) Helping Paw (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) 4000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Weekly Blogger (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Donor (1) Booster CCL (1) Socialite (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) Been there, Done that (1)
Brick Breaker (1) For Albion! (1) 10 Xbox One Completions (1) Rarefied (1) AHP Competition 1st (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Community Manager (1) Boosting Club Coordinator (1) Scarred For Life (1) Big Barker (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
155 pcs.
453 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

ozbundyboy

Community Manager

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Cash on hand: 177055
Bank: 0.00
Australia

Re: Hound of the Month - January 2014: Mattism

Postby buffs » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:10 pm

Good interview! Ready for your boosting sessions to make a comeback as well! I think we all needed a break after grfs.. Lol
Medals: 32
Seasoned Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Literate (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) 1000 posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Guest Star (1) Community Cast Star (1) Donor (1) Platinum Viral Gamer (1) Booster C (1) Okay, Maybe One More... (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) Human Polygraph (1) The Booster Seat (1) Eaglemaniac (1) AHP Competition 2nd (1) Viral Games Manager (1) 2012 E3 Swagtacular Entrant (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List Participant (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1)
To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
20 pcs.
20 pcs.
20 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

buffs

Viral Games Manager

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Cash on hand: 74788
United States of America

Postby Religious Nut » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:40 am

Good interview and an interesting read.
Medals: 29
New Hound on the Block (1) Greyhound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Amazonian (1) Charitable (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) 100 Posts (1) Street Team (1) Philanthropist (1) Captain Viral (1) Silver Viral Gamer (1) Booster X (1) One For the Spartans (1) Long Service Medal (1) Brick Breaker (1) A Real Hero (1) Old School (1) The Booster Seat (1) Viral Games 2.0 (1) Big Daddy (1) Bethesdaholic (1) First! (1) Participation Puppy (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
25 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
61 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Religious Nut
Graduate

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Cash on hand: 130128
Bank: 343,618.00
United States of America

Postby Facial La Fleur » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:51 am

Not too shabby. I need to play Syndicate at some point. Have heard nothing but good things about it. Completely unrelated, but Vanquish too.
Medals: 55
Experienced Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Broadcaster (1) Artist (1) Helping Paw (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Best in Show (1) Haughty Hound (1) We Bet You're Smiling (1) 3000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) 6 Month Blogger (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) First Time Caller (1) Inquiry (1) Guest Star (1) Community Cast Star (1) Contributor (1) Major Viral (1) Platinum Viral Gamer (1) Booster CCL (1) Eat, Sleep, Boost, Repeat (1) Had A Lil Help From My Friends (1)
Why Can't I Quit This Game? (1) Seriously? (1) One For the Spartans (1) Long Service Medal (1) The Veteran (1) Brick Breaker (1) A Real Hero (1) Love To Swipe (1) Yes, They're Brass (1) Top 10 (1) For Albion! (1) A True Jedi (1) PC Master Race (1) Denied (1) Gun Collector (1) Rarefied (1) Boosting Club Coordinator (1) Free Falling (1) Scarred For Life (1) To Do List Participant (1) Big Barker (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
11 pcs.
68 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
392 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Facial La Fleur

Boosting Coordinator

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Cash on hand: 35629
Bank: 364,152.00
United States of America

Postby orgazmo44 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:37 pm

Great interview for a great guy cant wait tell i can get back into boosting.
Medals: 29
New Hound on the Block (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Literate (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) 900 posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) First Time Caller (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Contributor (1) Colonel Viral (1) Platinum Viral Gamer (1) Booster XXX (1) Boosting Medley (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) Rarefied (1) 20K Post (1) Viral Games Manager (1) Scarred For Life (1) 30K Posts (1) To Do List Participant (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1)
Virtual Shelf:
28 pcs.
13 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
8 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

orgazmo44

Viral Games Manager

Cash on hand: 19780
United States of America

Postby DeceptiCog72283 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:57 am

well deserved Mattism! Good job and great interview!
Medals: 18
Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) Charitable (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Haughty Hound (1) 300 Posts (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) Booster V (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) Requiescat In Pace (1) Brick Breaker (1) May The Forza Be With You (1) Love To Swipe (1) Rarefied (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
24 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
27 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

DeceptiCog72283
Progeny

Cash on hand: 5972
Bank: 61,408.00
Canada

Postby Raviolicaponi » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:49 am

I really enjoyed reading and learning more about you.
Medals: 26
Experienced Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) Charitable (1) Artist (1) Community Spot Light (1) Jackpot (1) 500 posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Representative (1) Contributor (1) Gold Viral Gamer (1) Booster X (1) Requiescat In Pace (1) Brick Breaker (1) You Can't Miss the Bear (1) Human Polygraph (1) A Real Hero (1) The Booster Seat (1) Viral Games 2.0 (1) Top 10 (1) Rarefied (1) Eating up Quarters (1) RavioliCaponi (1) 2012 E3 Swagtacular Entrant (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1)
Virtual Shelf:
7 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
8 pcs.
1 pcs.
4 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
3 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Raviolicaponi

The Dogfather

Cash on hand: 38483
Bank: 73,263.00
United States of America

Postby Azhusker71 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:28 pm

Congrats and great interview
Medals: 2
Haughty Hound (1) Booster I (1)
%s XBox Live Avatar

Azhusker71
Junior

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Cash on hand: 786
Bank: 8,091.00
United States of America

Postby Xtowers » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:02 pm

Great read.
11,500 GamerScore and 10 retail completions obtained thanks to Viral Games.
Medals: 31
New Hound on the Block (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Amazonian (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Haughty Hound (1) Fortunate (1) 900 posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Weekly Blogger (1) Representative (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Donor (1) Gold Viral Gamer (1) Booster I (1) Love To Swipe (1) Top 10 (1) Mind Sculptor (1) Bird Flew (1) Denied (1) AHP Competition 2nd (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) March Madness (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1)
Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
22 pcs.
107 pcs.
143 pcs.
3 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Xtowers
Top Dawg

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Cash on hand: 58550
Bank: 238,910.00
United States of America

Return to Hound of the Month