1. First, lets start off by having you explain your gamer tag- what does it mean and how do you pronounce it correctly?
My gamertag came about because of a lot of jokes about chupacabras after my son was born. Chupacabra. We eventually were just calling him “chupa” and so, without thinking (or googling) me and my husband ended up being chupaMama and chupaDaddy. Only you can guess what most people think when they see “suck” as part of my tag- only it’s a little too late for me to change my Spanish porn star tag now. “chupa” is pronounced “choo-pa”.
2. Tell us a little about yourself: where do you live, what do you do for a living, do you have non-gaming hobbies?
I live in beautiful Albuquerque New Mexico. I really like it here, it’s still the wild west but with a really rich history and mix of many different cultures. I love the food, people, and the great climate.
As most of you know I work as an Intensive Care Unit nurse in a Trauma/Surgical/Burn unit. By choice I work 12 hour night shifts (7pm-7 am). It keeps me busy and requires a lot of thinking and ongoing education. You also see everything and every kind of person.
I have several non gaming hobbies- I like to cross-stitch and I read a lot. Books on tape are great because (like a podcast), I can listen to them while grinding in a game. I even found a reading meta-game on Goodreads.com, so I’ve been completing tasks in that this fall. And while it’s more my husband’s hobby than mine, we have 4 fish tanks. Two big 50 gallon ones (one’s fresh, one’s salt water), and two smaller tanks.
3. When and how did you get into achievements?
I know exactly when I got into achievements- Decemeber 27th 2007. I spent nearly the whole day collecting flags in Assassin’s Creed, just to work towards the achievements. It was a downhill slide from there.
4. If there were no such things as achievements, what gaming would you be doing and on which console?
I’d probably still play mostly xbox because I like the UI so much better, and I’d be playing a lot more indie games on Steam. If a game creates a lot of buzz in the blog/games journalist circles I feel like I have to play it in order to be a knowledgeable gamer.
5. What's your favorite genre? (Include a few specific games)
I like RPGs the best, both Japanese and Western. Mass Effect 2 is the best game, ever, end of debate. I also have really enjoyed Eternal Sonata, Dragon Age, Costume Quest, Alpha Protocol, and Fable 2/3 this generation.
6. When you start a new game, how do you approach it? Do you just wing it, or look up guides and collectable lists?
I divide my games into two catagories- those I’m playing for points and those for enjoyment. If I’m playing something mainly for the points I bring up guides on my computer, print out collectable lists, and put up post it’s to remind myself to do something in a certain level. If I’ve bought the game more because it’s something I enjoy I’ll do a first run just playing it. Then, if I want to go back through for points I will look up guides.
7. What's your favorite completion and why?
Eternal Sonata is still my favorite completion. It required a lot of work and paying attention to guides/where I was in the story, and multiple lay troughs.
8. What is your least favourite completion and why?
Madden 2006- hour after hour of simulating games. The 400 point achievement was worth it, though.
9. What is your favourite achievement?
“Insanity” (75) in Mass Effect 2. It required you to really, really learn the game. You had to know what type of ammo to use, have the right companions and equipment, and really, really know whom to shot first and where to hide. I was really proud when I got this achievement.
10. What game is your worst scar and why do you wish you never played it?
GTA IV- I don’t think I will ever go back to it. I hate almost everything in that game.
11. What do you think of the Xbox One? When do you plan to get the console? What titles look good to you?
I’m eXcited for the Xbox One! Mostly because it’s a new thing to mess with. I have a Day One console ordered from amazon. I will get Ryse for sure, and of course I’ll spend some cash on Killer Instict- but I might hold off a bit on anything else until I hear from the community what games are good.
12. What are your current gaming goals?
Well, originally I planned to make 200,000 by the end of the year, but it’s been hard for me to game lately. I’ll still get there, just might be a little later than I’d hoped.
13. Do you game on PC or WP as well as Xbox? What's your favorite games on those systems if you do? If not do you plan to get/use them in the future?
I don’t play a lot of Win8/GFWL games. I guess I better hurry up if I’m ever going to do it on the latter. I like to use the PC for games that I can’t play anywhere else. I do have a Win8 phone, which I like a lot since I can play it on breaks at work, or while in line at the bank/grocery store/etc.
14. If your life was to be made into a movie, what sort of movie would it be and what actor/actress would act as your character?
Fun question! I guess I’d be in a medical comedy (think Scrubs)- and Jessica Raine can play me- she does a great job being a brunette nurse on Call the Midwife.
15. When you have gained every achievement in a game, do you ever go back to the game to play it just for fun? Why/Why not?
Usually not, sometimes I’ll play COD multiplayer with my husband. I always feel like there’s no point if I already have all the achievements and the game becomes not fun for me.
16. If money wasn’t an issue and you were able to create your own game what would the game be called? What genre of game would it be and what would the game be about?
It’d hire Bioware and have them do a RPG based on Norse Mythology. You’d start as a young woman (or man) and work your way through quests for the different Gods, and end up as ruler of a kingdom.
17. When you are gaming do you eat or drink anything? If so, what do you eat or drink when gaming?
I usually don’t eat anything out of fear of getting crumbs on things, but I do drink a lot of Red Bull (the sugar free kind). I just like the taste.
18. What do you think gaming will be like in 20 years time?
I’m hoping that it will be a lot cheaper- so more server sided gaming with good internet infrastructure to back it up. I pay a subscription to a service, and don’t have to purchase individual games or an expensive console to play them on.
19. What do you like about the site, what do you wish you could change?
I like the people the best, you guys and gals are really wonderful. If I could change anything it would be the fact that up at the top of the page, right under The Achievemet Hounds logo and next to the little house – where it says “Board index.” I would make that “I” a capital. I noticed it one day and now I can’t unsee it, and it drives me nuts. (I swear, I don’t have OCD, much) Are you sure you're starsign isn't Virgo perchance??? That sounds like the pedantic type thing I would do.
20. Is there anyone you’d like to give a shout out to?
I want to recognize all my staff members- you guys are the heart and soul of this site. You keep things going on a day to day basis. This site would be nothing without y’all. I especially want to give Griffey95 a big thank you, while I’ve been seriously under the weather lately (which still isn’t straightened out) he’s been filling in the gaps for me- which I want him to know I recognize and greatly appreciate!