Achievement Hounds Podcast • View topic - Newcomer to AH, really liking this community so far..

Newcomer to AH, really liking this community so far..

A place for people new to the site

Newcomer to AH, really liking this community so far..

Postby kbeau73 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:56 am

What's going on? I've been here for a couple of weeks but really haven't talked to many new people. I'm looking forward to getting in on some boosting sessions as well as being a part of the viral games section. I'm a 41 year old from Connecticut and have lived here all my life unfortunately. My wife thinks I'm a dork for achievement hunting but supports me and likes that I get the most out of every game I buy. Occassionally we'll find a game we can play together (mostly Lego) but I did get her to give Left 4 Dead a try one time. (not a pretty picture lol) Anyway, I'm always up for playing some co-op, boosting or just getting to know new people.

Have a wonderful Thursday, Friday is right around the corner. =)
http://casualgaming.forumotion.com
Medals: 14
New Hound on the Block (1) Greyhound (1) One Of Us (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Haughty Hound (1) 300 Posts (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Donor (1) Colonel Viral (1) Silver Viral Gamer (1) Brick Breaker (1) Participation Puppy (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1)
Virtual Shelf:
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
21 pcs.
5 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
31 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

kbeau73

Viral Games Manager

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Cash on hand: 4081
Bank: 230,314.00
United States of America

Re: Newcomer to AH, really liking this community so far..

Postby HyruleBalverine » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:58 pm

Welcome to the site; glad you're enjoying Viral Gaming. I know that I get a fair amount of use from it.
Image Image
Medals: 47
New Hound on the Block (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Amazonian (1) Charitable (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Dog didn't eat your homework! (1) Haughty Hound (1) Resolute (1) Jackpot (1) 2000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Gift of Gab (1) The Year In Review (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Philanthropist (1) Colonel Viral (1) Platinum Viral Gamer (1) Booster L (1) Are We Done Yet? (1) Seriously? (1) One For the Spartans (1) Requiescat In Pace (1)
Brick Breaker (1) Gem in the Rough (1) Love To Swipe (1) Top 10 (1) For Albion! (1) Deja Vu I (1) All Rounder 1 (1) Denied (1) Nothing Collector (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
18 pcs.
175 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
175 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

HyruleBalverine
Top Dawg

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Cash on hand: 85639
Bank: 586,475.00
Location: Marysville, WA, USA, North America, Sol 3, Sol System, Orion Arm, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy.
United States of America

Postby ozbundyboy » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:37 pm

g'day and welcome to the site.

Just think with games like The LEGO Movie Videogame and Lego Hobbit you will be able to play them on both consoles with your missus.
Medals: 48
Seasoned Hound (1) Experienced Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) Basset Hound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Charitable (1) Broadcaster (1) Helping Paw (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) 4000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Weekly Blogger (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Donor (1) Booster CCL (1) Socialite (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) Been there, Done that (1)
Brick Breaker (1) For Albion! (1) 10 Xbox One Completions (1) Rarefied (1) AHP Competition 1st (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Community Manager (1) Boosting Club Coordinator (1) Scarred For Life (1) Big Barker (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
155 pcs.
453 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

ozbundyboy

Community Manager

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Cash on hand: 177055
Bank: 0.00
Australia

Postby bigeasy97 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:45 am

Welcome to the community. It's okay, my wife thinks I'm a dork as well. She couldn't stop laughing when she saw me playing Victorious Time to Shine, lol.
Medals: 42
Experienced Hound (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Haughty Hound (1) Halfway There (1) Fortunate (1) 2000 Posts (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Gift of Gab (1) The Year In Review (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) First Time Caller (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Contributor (1) Major Viral (1) Platinum Viral Gamer (1) Booster XXX (1) Boosting Medley (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) A Real Hero (1) The Booster Seat (1) Top 10 (1) Deja Vu I (1) 30 Xbox One Completions (1)
All Rounder 2 (1) Denied (1) AHP Competition 2nd (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) VIP GoW #100 Winner (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
24 pcs.
116 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
140 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

bigeasy97
Top Dawg

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Cash on hand: 62003
Bank: 1,038,890.00
United States of America

Postby kbeau73 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:51 am

HyruleBalverine wrote:Welcome to the site; glad you're enjoying Viral Gaming. I know that I get a fair amount of use from it.

I haven't actually done anything with Viral Gaming yet but it looks like a good deal. Just figure I need to pay my dues before anything comes my way. Also working on some things to donate. :)
New Hound on the Block (1) Greyhound (1) One Of Us (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Haughty Hound (1) 300 Posts (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Donor (1) Colonel Viral (1) Silver Viral Gamer (1) Brick Breaker (1) Participation Puppy (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1)
Virtual Shelf:
21 pcs.
5 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
31 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

kbeau73

Viral Games Manager

United States of America

Postby kbeau73 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:52 am

ozbundyboy wrote:g'day and welcome to the site.

Just think with games like The LEGO Movie Videogame and Lego Hobbit you will be able to play them on both consoles with your missus.

Thanks! A buddy of mine is going to let me have Lego Marvel Super Heros and I'll eventually get Lego Hobbit and Lego Movie but you're right, plenty of options moving forward. Plus Batman 3! We really enjoyed Batman 2.
Virtual Shelf:
21 pcs.
5 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
31 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

kbeau73

Viral Games Manager

United States of America

Postby kbeau73 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:53 am

bigeasy97 wrote:Welcome to the community. It's okay, my wife thinks I'm a dork as well. She couldn't stop laughing when she saw me playing Victorious Time to Shine, lol.

Don't think I've ever played that one, maybe it's time to up my dorkiness. :)
Virtual Shelf:
21 pcs.
5 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
31 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

kbeau73

Viral Games Manager

United States of America

Postby spankynspronkle » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:29 pm

Welcome to the Site!

I think you're the first from CT that I have encountered. I was born and raised there, but now live in Long Island. Please feel free to ask any questions as people will generally be helpful even if they aren't "staff".

Also, there is a trial period to get your feet wet with viral games so don't be afraid to jump in! We all had to start somewhere.
Medals: 59
Experienced Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Charitable (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Resolute (1) Halfway There (1) Jackpot (1) Code Cracker (1) 3000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Month Long Informer (1) Intern Blogger (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Donor (1) Colonel Viral (1) Silver Viral Gamer (1) Booster XX (1) Monotonous Yet Diverse (1)
May The Forza Be With You (1) The Booster Seat (1) Love To Swipe (1) First! (1) Deja Vu I (1) 30 Xbox One Completions (1) Denied (1) Eaglemaniac (1) Down, Fido (1) BFF (1) Sandwich Lover (1) Gun Hoarder (1) Points to Burn (1) Nothing Collector (1) The Collector (1) Rarefied (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Community Manager (1) Free Falling (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List Participant (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
22 pcs.
120 pcs.
10 pcs.
137 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

spankynspronkle

Community Manager

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Cash on hand: 0
Bank: 735,002.00
United States of America

Postby kbeau73 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:50 am

spankynspronkle wrote:Welcome to the Site!

I think you're the first from CT that I have encountered. I was born and raised there, but now live in Long Island. Please feel free to ask any questions as people will generally be helpful even if they aren't "staff".

Also, there is a trial period to get your feet wet with viral games so don't be afraid to jump in! We all had to start somewhere.

I've noticed that a lot of people on here are very friendly which is awesome. I'm definitely drawn to the Viral Games but it's more than that too, I can see myself posting here quite a bit. Especially since I'm trying to clear up some of my backlog which unfortunately isn't an easy backlog.

Where in CT were you from? I grew up in East Hartford and moved to the Northwest Corner when I met my wife. Lived in East Hartford for about 30+ years.
Virtual Shelf:
21 pcs.
5 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
31 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

kbeau73

Viral Games Manager

United States of America

Postby HyruleBalverine » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:25 pm

Feel free to check my backlog thread to see if I have any MP games in common with you; I, like many people here, will happily boost with you.
Image Image
Medals: 47
New Hound on the Block (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Amazonian (1) Charitable (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Dog didn't eat your homework! (1) Haughty Hound (1) Resolute (1) Jackpot (1) 2000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Gift of Gab (1) The Year In Review (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Philanthropist (1) Colonel Viral (1) Platinum Viral Gamer (1) Booster L (1) Are We Done Yet? (1) Seriously? (1) One For the Spartans (1) Requiescat In Pace (1)
Brick Breaker (1) Gem in the Rough (1) Love To Swipe (1) Top 10 (1) For Albion! (1) Deja Vu I (1) All Rounder 1 (1) Denied (1) Nothing Collector (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
18 pcs.
175 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
175 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

HyruleBalverine
Top Dawg

Cash on hand: 85639
Bank: 586,475.00
Location: Marysville, WA, USA, North America, Sol 3, Sol System, Orion Arm, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy.
United States of America

Postby watty8883 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:22 am

I will throw my hat into the ring for boostin/co op too.I have a blog on TA with a few games I want to finish the MP with someone.
Medals: 54
Professional Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) Amazonian (1) Charitable (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Haughty Hound (1) Resolute (1) Fortunate (1) 900 posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Representative (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Booster XX (1) Okay, Maybe One More... (1) One For the Spartans (1) Long Service Medal (1) Requiescat In Pace (1) The Veteran (1) BSAA Professional (1) Gat's Protige (1) Brick Breaker (1) You Can't Miss the Bear (1) Playing in the Sandbox (1) Violence in Silence (1) Gem in the Rough (1) Human Polygraph (1) A Real Hero (1)
The Booster Seat (1) Love To Swipe (1) Big Daddy (1) Yes, They're Brass (1) Top 10 (1) Cowboy Up (1) For Albion! (1) Ultimate Badass (1) Bethesdaholic (1) Deja Vu II (1) 60 Xbox One Completions (1) All Rounder 2 (1) Gun Collector (1) AHP Competition 1st (1) AHP Competition 2nd (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) AHP Competition Veteran (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Winner (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
122 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
16 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

watty8883
Top Dawg

Cash on hand: 65553
Bank: 275,153.00
Great Britain

Postby jaysondomino » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:19 pm

I'm late seeing this, but welcome to the site.... It's a great place/community.
5 games completed via viral gaming with 5,000 gamerscore and 135 achievements!
Medals: 23
New Hound on the Block (1) Greyhound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) 500 posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Month Long Informer (1) Intern Blogger (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) Donor (1) Bronze Viral Gamer (1) Booster I (1) One For the Spartans (1) The Veteran (1) The Booster Seat (1) Love To Swipe (1)
Virtual Shelf:
18 pcs.
20 pcs.
1 pcs.
10 pcs.
40 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

jaysondomino
Top Dawg

Cash on hand: 988
Bank: 132,535.00
United States of America

Postby Mo the Surfer » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:37 am

Welcome to the Achievement Hounds site, I hope you enjoy your stay. :D
Medals: 20
New Hound on the Block (1) Greyhound (1) One Of Us (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Haughty Hound (1) 700 posts (1) 800 posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Representative (1) First Time Caller (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Bronze Viral Gamer (1) Booster X (1) Boosting Medley (1) One For the Spartans (1) Long Service Medal (1) Brick Breaker (1) Bethesdaholic (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1)
Virtual Shelf:
37 pcs.
36 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
7 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Mo the Surfer
Top Dawg

Cash on hand: 27737
Bank: 0.00
United States of America

Return to Newcomer's Corner