Achievement Hounds Podcast • View topic - Birthday Tag Contest Feedback

Birthday Tag Contest Feedback

Birthday Tag Contest Feedback

Postby spankynspronkle » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:47 am

So, I don’t mind running this contest and it seems as if a lot of people participate every month. I am also a big proponent of “don’t fix it if it’s not broken”, but I’d be willing to change things up for the contest or start and entirely new one if the community thinks so.

So what are your thoughts? Do you enjoy the contest? Anything about it you do/don’t like… or would change if you ran it? Should I keep the format the same (i.e. gamertags of birthdays)?

If you don’t feel like adding input, at least add your birthday month to the topic so I can work on making my 2016 list of tags.
Medals: 59
Seasoned Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Charitable (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Resolute (1) Halfway There (1) Jackpot (1) Code Cracker (1) 3000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Month Long Informer (1) Intern Blogger (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Donor (1) Colonel Viral (1) Silver Viral Gamer (1) Booster XX (1) Monotonous Yet Diverse (1)
May The Forza Be With You (1) The Booster Seat (1) Love To Swipe (1) First! (1) Deja Vu I (1) 30 Xbox One Completions (1) Denied (1) Eaglemaniac (1) Down, Fido (1) BFF (1) Sandwich Lover (1) Gun Hoarder (1) Points to Burn (1) Nothing Collector (1) The Collector (1) Rarefied (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Community Manager (1) Free Falling (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List Participant (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
22 pcs.
120 pcs.
10 pcs.
137 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

spankynspronkle

Community Manager

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Cash on hand: 0
Bank: 549,940.00
United States of America

Re: Birthday Tag Contest Feedback

Postby JelliedBigfoot » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:23 am

I like the contest as it is especially with the substitution rule so I can participate when I run out of the odd lettered games.

My birthday month is May.

As for new ideas, I like the achievement relay contest, needing to find an achievement beginning with a certain letter. You could run an alternate tag contest using achievement names instead of game titles to spell out gamertags, probably no subs allowed but it would be somewhat of a poor man's birthday tag. You would still need to have an available amount of games to hunt thru but you could still play what you want and not be at a disadvantage for entries since you can use any games you have not completed.
Medals: 16
New Hound on the Block (1) Greyhound (1) One Of Us (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) 600 posts (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Donor (1) Captain Viral (1) Silver Viral Gamer (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) 10 Xbox One Completions (1) Participation Puppy (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
4 pcs.
90 pcs.
50 pcs.
54 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

JelliedBigfoot
Top Dawg

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Cash on hand: 55869
Bank: 117,355.00
United States of America

Postby Oriole2682 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:20 am

Love the contest since it started...I would like to see it go back to the original rules though.
The should be a T not whatever comes after...also substitutions ruin the contest where anyone can get an entry...the point is to meet the requirements.
Medals: 33
Veteran Hound (1) Greyhound (1) One Of Us (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) 100 Posts (1) Booster X (1) Monotonous Yet Diverse (1) Seriously? (1) One For the Spartans (1) That Deserves a Chili Dog (1) May The Forza Be With You (1) Old School (1) Love To Swipe (1) Top 10 (1) First! (1) 10 Xbox One Completions (1) All Rounder 2 (1) Denied (1) XBLA Collar (1) Card & Board Collar (1) Racing Collar (1) AHP Competition 1st (1) AHP Competition 2nd (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) AHP Competition Pro (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Scarred For Life (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1)
Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
120 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
129 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Oriole2682
Stud Dog

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Cash on hand: 42901
Bank: 516,994.00
United States of America

Postby Xtowers » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:05 pm

I really like the contest in its current form, although I find months with multiple tags more fun. :)
11,500 GamerScore and 10 retail completions obtained thanks to Viral Games.
Medals: 32
New Hound on the Block (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Amazonian (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Haughty Hound (1) Fortunate (1) 900 posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Weekly Blogger (1) Representative (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Donor (1) Gold Viral Gamer (1) Booster I (1) Love To Swipe (1) Top 10 (1) Mind Sculptor (1) Bird Flew (1) Denied (1) Windows Phone Collar (1) AHP Competition 2nd (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) March Madness (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1)
To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
22 pcs.
107 pcs.
143 pcs.
3 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Xtowers
Top Dawg

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Cash on hand: 38934
Bank: 196,093.00
United States of America

Postby ozbundyboy » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:48 pm

I also like it in it's current form. Last month I was going to do some letter substitutions but ran out of time as I was in Melbourne for the last two days of the month for PAX Australia and didn't get home until late on the 1st, then completely forgot about posting my entry.
Medals: 46
Seasoned Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Charitable (1) Broadcaster (1) Helping Paw (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) 4000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Weekly Blogger (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Donor (1) Booster CCL (1) Socialite (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) Been there, Done that (1) Brick Breaker (1) For Albion! (1)
10 Xbox One Completions (1) Rarefied (1) AHP Competition 1st (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Community Manager (1) Boosting Club Coordinator (1) Scarred For Life (1) Big Barker (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
155 pcs.
453 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

ozbundyboy

Community Manager

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Cash on hand: 129158
Bank: 0.00
Australia

Postby Freamwhole » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:31 pm

I thoroughly enjoy this contest in any form.

I don't care if its Gamertags, Pet Names, the alphabet, whatever.

I don't want to continue re-using gamertags though. With the lack of new blood - we may need to switch things up in months where no new gamertag is available.

I wouldn't mind mixing it up. Alphabet (A-Z - 26 letters) - Holiday (ex. Valentine's Day - 13 letters) - Celebrity (George A Romero - 13 letters)

or running another month long contest like the Gamer-scoragories or a hybrid (like - the letter "F" for "February where the achievements must start with "F" for a set of categories.)

Just spit balling ideas here.
Living the dream (because I'm always half asleep)
Medals: 25
New Hound on the Block (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) Amazonian (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) 2000 Posts (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Community Cast Star (1) Booster X (1) Boosting Medley (1) Requiescat In Pace (1) Top 10 (1) For Albion! (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
58 pcs.
126 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Freamwhole
Top Dawg

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Cash on hand: 2886
Bank: 606,937.00
United States of America

Postby spankynspronkle » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:20 pm

I actually like the idea of doing celebrity birthdays... Going to tinker with this.
Medals: 59
Seasoned Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Charitable (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Resolute (1) Halfway There (1) Jackpot (1) Code Cracker (1) 3000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Month Long Informer (1) Intern Blogger (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Donor (1) Colonel Viral (1) Silver Viral Gamer (1) Booster XX (1) Monotonous Yet Diverse (1)
May The Forza Be With You (1) The Booster Seat (1) Love To Swipe (1) First! (1) Deja Vu I (1) 30 Xbox One Completions (1) Denied (1) Eaglemaniac (1) Down, Fido (1) BFF (1) Sandwich Lover (1) Gun Hoarder (1) Points to Burn (1) Nothing Collector (1) The Collector (1) Rarefied (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Community Manager (1) Free Falling (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List Participant (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
22 pcs.
120 pcs.
10 pcs.
137 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

spankynspronkle

Community Manager

Bank: 549,940.00
United States of America

Postby doughboyee » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:07 pm

I enjoy the contest. I haven't completed many contests the last few months, but am going to be getting into Hardcore achievement hunting after the holidays. I like the way we are currently doing the contest and just wanted to say Thanks.

My birthday is in April.
Updated Extra Life 2016 Donation Button
Medals: 19
One Of Us (1) Amazonian (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) 100 Posts (1) Representative (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Bronze Viral Gamer (1) Denied (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Participation Puppy (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
3 pcs.
47 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
85 pcs.
501 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

doughboyee
Progeny

Cash on hand: 59975
United States of America

Postby ozbundyboy » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:45 pm

Some other birthdays that you might be interested in:-

May: Frodoktm
November: LL26xRoyst

There's a few other gamertags that could be used if I can convince the people to join the site that have their birthday in March and April.

If we need a different tag for next September, I originally signed up here with the name ozbuffinatic (it is one of my alternate accounts and also the gamertag I use on PSN and Steam), check out Hound of the Month - May 2013 - ozbuffinatic

It would be good to get some new members putting their hands up for the birthday gamertag.

I'm fairly sure Gamer Grug would be happy to have his birthday used for his birthday month.
Medals: 46
Seasoned Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Charitable (1) Broadcaster (1) Helping Paw (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) 4000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Weekly Blogger (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Donor (1) Booster CCL (1) Socialite (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) Been there, Done that (1) Brick Breaker (1) For Albion! (1)
10 Xbox One Completions (1) Rarefied (1) AHP Competition 1st (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Community Manager (1) Boosting Club Coordinator (1) Scarred For Life (1) Big Barker (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
155 pcs.
453 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

ozbundyboy

Community Manager

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Cash on hand: 129158
Bank: 0.00
Australia

Postby nickhawkeye » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:56 am

I like it in the current form however I'm open to new stuff
Birthday: March
(you have already done my current GT but you can use my old one if you want "Sweetnsaxyboy")

My suggestion to maybe mix it up a bit you could start accepting entries for achievement names as well.
i.e.

Spoiler: show
20 entries - a complete list of correct game titles [no subs, unique games]

15 entries - a complete list of correct achievement titles [no subs, unique games]
(since there are more achievements this is potentially easier than game titles so it carries less weight)

10 entries - a complete list with a mix of Game titles and Achievement titles [no subs, unique games]

1-5 entries*** - completing either list [with subs and/or repeating games(non unique)]
(a substitution in this case being either the current method of subbing one of the substitutable letters)
***(depending on the number of substitutes) - 5 entries for 1 sub, 4 entries for 2 subs, 3 entries for 3 subs...etc

if you wanted to make it more complicated you could have a bonus for completing the list twice once with game titles and once with achievement titles.
i.e.
+ 20 for complete game list[no subs, unique games]
+ 15 for complete achievement list [no subs, unique games]
+ 5 for completing the list in two ways
= 40 total entries max
---------------------------
or almost any combination of them
+ 5 for complete game list [1 sub]
+ 15 for complete achievement list [no subs, unique games]
= 25 total entries
----------------------------
+ 15 for complete Achievement list
= 15 entries
----------------------------
+ 3 for complete game list [3 subs]
+ 5 for complete Achievement list [1 sub]
= 13 entries

This way you can participate at almost any level while the advantage still goes to the ones who complete either list without subs

let me know if something doesn't make sense

obviously just my 2 cents. whatever works for you although I would volunteer to assist with judging or anything you needed help with. Thanks for everything you already do!

I like the birthday tags but I agree with a lack of new tags I would be in favor of expanding to other sources.

or something crazy like "20 achievements that start with the letter 'J' for January"
or spell "ACHIEVEMENT HOUNDS" ;)

maybe the previous winner or a runner up get to pick the next month theme
if you want a list to fill a bucket of ideas you should start a new thread just for submissions
Medals: 10
Greyhound (1) Amazonian (1) Literate (1) Community Cast Star (1) Bronze Viral Gamer (1) Requiescat In Pace (1) Participation Puppy (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
%s XBox Live Avatar

nickhawkeye
Graduate

Bank: 75,598.00
United States of America

Postby Xtowers » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:10 pm

Although I wouldn't mind mixing it up a little bit, I think we should always have at least one hound per month. Repeats don't matter a lot to me, but this contest was formed for the community, by the community, and I like the idea of keeping the spotlight on the members of the community. Just my two yen.
11,500 GamerScore and 10 retail completions obtained thanks to Viral Games.
Medals: 32
New Hound on the Block (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Amazonian (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Haughty Hound (1) Fortunate (1) 900 posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Weekly Blogger (1) Representative (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Donor (1) Gold Viral Gamer (1) Booster I (1) Love To Swipe (1) Top 10 (1) Mind Sculptor (1) Bird Flew (1) Denied (1) Windows Phone Collar (1) AHP Competition 2nd (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) March Madness (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1)
To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
22 pcs.
107 pcs.
143 pcs.
3 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Xtowers
Top Dawg