Achievement Hounds Podcast • View topic - Episode 88: Update Woes

Episode 88: Update Woes

Episode 88: Update Woes

Postby TheNyghty » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:43 pm

Show is up.

Got a bit of out-takes at the end. The story behind it: Played a match of 4v4 SMITE (me, griffey +2 randoms) this 1 person just fed kills to the other team and disconnected, we lost the match cuz of it we were dominating our lane (me and griffey). So I decided to send some hate mail that he sucked and he replied to me that he was sooooo good and could beat me anytime .... the rest is pretty much in the out-takes.

Anyway hope you enjoy :)
Medals: 17
New Hound on the Block (1) One Of Us (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Representative (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Platinum Viral Gamer (1) Booster I (1) 10 Xbox One Completions (1) All Rounder 1 (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
23 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

TheNyghty
Hound

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Cash on hand: 107374
Canada

Re: Episode 88: Update Woes

Postby JelliedBigfoot » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:51 am

Great show as always!

To answer the question, No, I did not hit 100K on the nose thanks to my lack of desire to finish LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean and Double Dragon Neon. I played LEGO Pirates and got the 12 point achievement in the first level but lost interest very quickly same with Double Dragon, I managed to get a 1 pointer and just got pulled away to other games. I did want to do something though for my own pleasure to commemorate it so I decided to switch back to NHL 12, the last game I played on my old tag, to unlock enough points to get over the hump.

One day I may round it off again but I'm not in a hurry to do that until I hit a more significant milestone. The odd number doesn't bother me for now it gives my score "character" lol.
Medals: 16
New Hound on the Block (1) Greyhound (1) One Of Us (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) 600 posts (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Donor (1) Captain Viral (1) Silver Viral Gamer (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) 10 Xbox One Completions (1) Participation Puppy (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
4 pcs.
90 pcs.
50 pcs.
54 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

JelliedBigfoot
Top Dawg

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Cash on hand: 66869
Bank: 132,770.00
United States of America

Postby TheNyghty » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:05 pm

JelliedBigfoot wrote:Great show as always!

To answer the question, No, I did not hit 100K on the nose thanks to my lack of desire to finish LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean and Double Dragon Neon. I played LEGO Pirates and got the 12 point achievement in the first level but lost interest very quickly same with Double Dragon, I managed to get a 1 pointer and just got pulled away to other games. I did want to do something though for my own pleasure to commemorate it so I decided to switch back to NHL 12, the last game I played on my old tag, to unlock enough points to get over the hump.

One day I may round it off again but I'm not in a hurry to do that until I hit a more significant milestone. The odd number doesn't bother me for now it gives my score "character" lol.

I miss the odd numbers XD, non the less welcome to hound status man 100 000 GS, the first big milestone in my book :)
Medals: 17
New Hound on the Block (1) One Of Us (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Representative (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Platinum Viral Gamer (1) Booster I (1) 10 Xbox One Completions (1) All Rounder 1 (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
23 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

TheNyghty
Hound

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Cash on hand: 107374
Canada

Postby zzUrbanSpaceman » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:15 pm

Hi guys,

Was just listening to the show and got to the bit about GTASC, just wanted mention some things:

1) My team is the Space Cadets, with another AHP regular Montana97 and a couple of randoms.

2) The reason the GTASC cut-off changed is so that the TA staff are actually awake and able to deal with any issues that come up before it ticks over. Last year's cutoff was midnight UK time which generally meant that Rich and Jack were sleeping.

3) I made my own version of the cut-off predictions spreadsheet from last year, and you can find it here: https://goo.gl/1OCDst
Medals: 38
Seasoned Hound (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) 1000 posts (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Booster XXX (1) Monotonous Yet Diverse (1) One For the Spartans (1) Long Service Medal (1) Requiescat In Pace (1) Brick Breaker (1) I've Covered Wars, You Know (1) Playing in the Sandbox (1) Human Polygraph (1) The Booster Seat (1) Top 10 (1) All Rounder 1 (1) Denied (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1)
Participation Puppy (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
42 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
102 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

zzUrbanSpaceman
Top Dawg

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Cash on hand: 75160
Bank: 230,068.00
Australia

Postby HyruleBalverine » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:06 pm

AHP TheNyghty wrote:
JelliedBigfoot wrote:Great show as always!

I miss the odd numbers XD, non the less welcome to hound status man 100 000 GS, the first big milestone in my book :)

The odd numbers always drove me nuts; but we think that a little bit of OCD runs on my father's side of my family, so my frustrations at not seeing nice, round numbers is no real surprise (seriously, have you seen the spreadsheets I've done for my games or how I organize my CDs, DVDs, and/or books?).
Image Image
Medals: 47
New Hound on the Block (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Amazonian (1) Charitable (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Dog didn't eat your homework! (1) Haughty Hound (1) Resolute (1) Jackpot (1) 2000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Gift of Gab (1) The Year In Review (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Philanthropist (1) Colonel Viral (1) Platinum Viral Gamer (1) Booster L (1) Are We Done Yet? (1) Seriously? (1) One For the Spartans (1) Requiescat In Pace (1)
Brick Breaker (1) Gem in the Rough (1) Love To Swipe (1) Top 10 (1) For Albion! (1) Deja Vu I (1) All Rounder 1 (1) Denied (1) Nothing Collector (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
18 pcs.
175 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
175 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

HyruleBalverine
Top Dawg

Cash on hand: 85639
Bank: 518,364.00
Location: Marysville, WA, USA, North America, Sol 3, Sol System, Orion Arm, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy.
United States of America

Return to Episode Comments