Achievement Hounds Podcast • View topic - Random Topic of the Week 8 May 2016 (Great Race lap 15)

Random Topic of the Week 8 May 2016 (Great Race lap 15)

Random Topic of the Week 8 May 2016 (Great Race lap 15)

Postby HyruleBalverine » Sun May 08, 2016 7:43 am

It's Mother's Day; at least it is here in the United States. I have no idea about other countries. Anyways, it's Mother's Day and that means that this week we're giving mothers a break by telling funny or embarrassing stories about... our fathers! Of course, if you're a mother, you can tell funny or embarrassing stories about your children if you would prefer to do that instead. :lol:

I'm going to cheat a little with this because my father has actually shared this story online; I get to post it using his own words:

I recall a weekend when my brother and I had gone camping after work on a Friday evening. We had settled on a ridge southwest of Ellensburg, WA and it was just about dark by the time we got the camper set and had poured our first drink. We had our dinner and settled in for an evening or fun and relaxation.
At some point in the evening we heard several Coyotes off in the distance. My brother disappeared to the cab of the truck and returned carrying a cow call. He indicated if you blew on it a certain way it would sound like a wounded rabbit and hoped by doing so he could excite the coyotes.
As I stood in the door of the camper, leaning against the door jamb, he stepped about 25 feet to the side where the camper light wasn't casting shadow and began to make that call squeal. After the first three or four sounds he made the coyotes went completely silent. We waited. 2 or 3 minutes passed and he blew on it again. The second sound he made was interrupted by this creature swooping merely inches over my head to the ground and banking hard to whisk past my brother by inches. An owl had come in on the call!
We stood there looking at one another in disbelief and he says to me, " I think that's enough of that."
Image Image
Medals: 47
New Hound on the Block (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Amazonian (1) Charitable (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Dog didn't eat your homework! (1) Haughty Hound (1) Resolute (1) Jackpot (1) 2000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Gift of Gab (1) The Year In Review (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Philanthropist (1) Colonel Viral (1) Platinum Viral Gamer (1) Booster L (1) Are We Done Yet? (1) Seriously? (1) One For the Spartans (1) Requiescat In Pace (1)
Brick Breaker (1) Gem in the Rough (1) Love To Swipe (1) Top 10 (1) For Albion! (1) Deja Vu I (1) All Rounder 1 (1) Denied (1) Nothing Collector (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
18 pcs.
175 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
175 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

HyruleBalverine
Top Dawg

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Cash on hand: 85639
Bank: 544,604.00
Location: Marysville, WA, USA, North America, Sol 3, Sol System, Orion Arm, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy.
United States of America

Re: Random Topic of the Week 8 May 2016 (Great Race lap 15)

Postby ozbundyboy » Sun May 08, 2016 8:44 am

It was Mother's Day in Australia this weekend as well.

Unfortunately, I'm not really able to share any embarrassing stories about my dad, as I have enough trouble remembering him as he passed away when I was 13 years old. Also, my main memories are more about the good times like when I was a young child and he would dresss up as Santa, however as were were on a low income, he would improvise with his costume and didn't actually wear a Santa costume as such with the hat being made from one of the paper shopping bags that supermarkets used in the 1970's.
Medals: 48
Seasoned Hound (1) Experienced Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) Basset Hound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Charitable (1) Broadcaster (1) Helping Paw (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) 4000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Weekly Blogger (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Donor (1) Booster CCL (1) Socialite (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) Been there, Done that (1)
Brick Breaker (1) For Albion! (1) 10 Xbox One Completions (1) Rarefied (1) AHP Competition 1st (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Community Manager (1) Boosting Club Coordinator (1) Scarred For Life (1) Big Barker (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
155 pcs.
453 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

ozbundyboy

Community Manager

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Cash on hand: 177055
Bank: 0.00
Australia

Return to Off Topic