Achievement Hounds Podcast • View topic - HyruleBalverine's Random Topic of the Week (25 October 2015)

HyruleBalverine's Random Topic of the Week (25 October 2015)

HyruleBalverine's Random Topic of the Week (25 October 2015)

Postby HyruleBalverine » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:37 am

Ok guys are gals, here's the setup: Because it's October 2015, which some people might recognize as when the characters in Back to the Future II went to the future, #LootCrate did a time travel related crate for us geeks. In the loot crate was, among other neat items, was a "Sonic Spork"; essentially a spoon with tiny fork prongs and a Doctor Who sonic screwdriver handle. Not the greatest thing since sliced bread, but amusing and it is unique to loot crate (everything this month was an exclusive item).

I took this to work and used it to easy with. I mean, who else there is likely to have one, right? Apparently, at our last break, I'd forgotten to lock my locker, so when I left at the end of the day after all of my little minions had been sent home, my new spoon was stolen from my locker.

My question for discussion this week: What is the dumbest or most unusual thing that you have stolen (and why, if you're feeling up to sharing) or have had stolen from you?
Image Image
Medals: 47
New Hound on the Block (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Amazonian (1) Charitable (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Dog didn't eat your homework! (1) Haughty Hound (1) Resolute (1) Jackpot (1) 2000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Gift of Gab (1) The Year In Review (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Philanthropist (1) Colonel Viral (1) Platinum Viral Gamer (1) Booster L (1) Are We Done Yet? (1) Seriously? (1) One For the Spartans (1) Requiescat In Pace (1)
Brick Breaker (1) Gem in the Rough (1) Love To Swipe (1) Top 10 (1) For Albion! (1) Deja Vu I (1) All Rounder 1 (1) Denied (1) Nothing Collector (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
18 pcs.
175 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
175 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

HyruleBalverine
Top Dawg

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Cash on hand: 85639
Bank: 572,172.00
Location: Marysville, WA, USA, North America, Sol 3, Sol System, Orion Arm, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy.
United States of America

Re: HyruleBalverine's Random Topic of the Week (25 October 2

Postby zzUrbanSpaceman » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:56 am

:shock:

Who steals a spoon? I mean, seriously.

Probably the oddest thing I ever stole was a yo-yo. Why? Well, yo-yos were popular and I was a poor kid in the 80s! :lol:
Medals: 38
Seasoned Hound (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) 1000 posts (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Booster XXX (1) Monotonous Yet Diverse (1) One For the Spartans (1) Long Service Medal (1) Requiescat In Pace (1) Brick Breaker (1) I've Covered Wars, You Know (1) Playing in the Sandbox (1) Human Polygraph (1) The Booster Seat (1) Top 10 (1) All Rounder 1 (1) Denied (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1)
Participation Puppy (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
42 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
102 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

zzUrbanSpaceman
Top Dawg

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Cash on hand: 75160
Bank: 253,948.00
Australia

Postby ozbundyboy » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:21 am

The oddest thing I've ever had nicked was half a can of creaming soda when I worked at Telstra. I had put the can of soft drink (soda) in the fridge (with a label with my name on it) and somoene opened it and drank half of it and put it back in the fridge. When I mentioned it to the employer's rep, they basically said to me that there was nothing that they could do and that I should put a label on it when I took them and showed them my name on the can, they said, "Oh well, nothing we can do about that".

Weirdest thing I've ever nicked would be the teaspoon I accidentally took from a Starbucks as I forgotten that I had put it in my pocket when I left the cafe.
Medals: 48
Seasoned Hound (1) Experienced Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) Basset Hound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Charitable (1) Broadcaster (1) Helping Paw (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) 4000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Weekly Blogger (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Donor (1) Booster CCL (1) Socialite (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) Been there, Done that (1)
Brick Breaker (1) For Albion! (1) 10 Xbox One Completions (1) Rarefied (1) AHP Competition 1st (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Community Manager (1) Boosting Club Coordinator (1) Scarred For Life (1) Big Barker (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
155 pcs.
453 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

ozbundyboy

Community Manager

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Cash on hand: 177055
Bank: 0.00
Australia

Postby griffey95 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:31 am

One time when I was like 8 or 9, I took a TV Guide from a supermarket. Back then I didn't know that they weren't free. Took it home and looked at it for another 2 minutes and threw it away. I have had $10 earphones stolen from me on multiple occasions.
Medals: 54
Experienced Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Charitable (1) Broadcaster (1) Helping Paw (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Community Meetup (1) Haughty Hound (1) Resolute (1) Halfway There (1) Jackpot (1) 2000 Posts (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) First Time Caller (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Guest Star (1) Community Cast Star (1) The Good Samaritan (1) Major Viral (1) Gold Viral Gamer (1) Booster XXX (1) Boosting Medley (1) Been there, Done that (1) May The Forza Be With You (1)
Mind Sculptor (1) 10 Xbox One Completions (1) All Rounder 2 (1) Denied (1) Eaglemaniac (1) Down, Fido (1) BFF (1) Sandwich Lover (1) Gun Collector (1) Points to Burn (1) The Collector (1) Out Of The Ordinary (1) Consigliere (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Community Manager (1) 2012 E3 Swagtacular Entrant (1) Scarred For Life (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List Participant (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
7 pcs.
117 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
117 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

griffey95

Community Manager

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Cash on hand: 157288
Bank: 3,750,709.00
Japan

Postby Freamwhole » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:55 am

My brother and I shared a car that was stolen within a 30 minute gap - he got home 11:30 with the car and I came home at midnight to see no car in the driveway. Cops found it abandoned 2 months later in the woods after it got stuck in the mud.

When hosting house parties in college - some assholes broke into our laundry room and stole some painted Warhammer miniatures from me. That pissed me off.

As for me, there was a time when I would steal Magic cards and Warhammer guys - that was dumb and I feel bad about it. I've never really been much into taking things that don't belong to me.

I'm sure there are some drunken things I don't remember taking. I know my brother took the letter "Y" off our school GYM sign. It was like 18 inches tall and weighed 30 pounds.
Living the dream (because I'm always half asleep)
Medals: 25
New Hound on the Block (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) Amazonian (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) 2000 Posts (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Community Cast Star (1) Booster X (1) Boosting Medley (1) Requiescat In Pace (1) Top 10 (1) For Albion! (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
58 pcs.
126 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Freamwhole
Top Dawg

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Cash on hand: 9393
Bank: 760,995.00
United States of America

Return to Off Topic