Achievement Hounds Podcast • View topic - Hobbies other than Gaming

Hobbies other than Gaming

Hobbies other than Gaming

Postby Rick Nasty 1187 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:15 pm

I'm just curious what are your hobbies outside of gaming.

Me personally, I like woodworking and making things. There's nothing like having a few pieces of scrap wood and making something out of what other people would consider trash.
The most recent thing I've made was a Washington Redskins logo for my dad for his birthday. If anybody is interested in seeing it I could post a pic.
Medals: 16
New Hound on the Block (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) 300 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Donor (1) Bronze Viral Gamer (1) The Booster Seat (1) Nothing Collector (1)
Virtual Shelf:
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
16 pcs.
15 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
500 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Rick Nasty 1187
Stud Dog

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Cash on hand: 65826
Bank: 0.00
United States of America

Re: Hobbies other than Gaming

Postby HyruleBalverine » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:32 pm

While I haven't done it in a while, I've enjoyed genealogy for some time. I had a very large genealogy file, but lost a lot of my source materials when my ex-wife and I split. A lot of my stuff just seemed to vanish before I could actually get my property from the house. Oh well.

I've also started getting into making models. I'm currently working on a vinyl model kit of Spider-Man 2099 (I've been purposely doing it slow because I put one together when I was in high school, but rushed it, and it came out looking like crap). When I'm done with that, I'm going to try making a custom vinyl model of Ghost Rider 2099. I've already picked up a vinyl Ghost Rider kit and a vinyl Robocop kit to use as the base parts for it. If somebody has a vinyl Ash from Evil Dead / Army of Darkness and doesn't plan on using the chainsaw hand, I'd love to take it... I don't want to purchase a full kit just for that one piece.

I like to work on Sudoku and logic puzzles (I have books that I take to work with me to work on during breaks) and I enjoy reading. Speaking of which, I need to check in and see what's going on with the "Book Club" because nothing has been posted since they chose "The Gunslinger" as the current book...
Image Image
Medals: 47
New Hound on the Block (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Amazonian (1) Charitable (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Dog didn't eat your homework! (1) Haughty Hound (1) Resolute (1) Jackpot (1) 2000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Gift of Gab (1) The Year In Review (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Philanthropist (1) Colonel Viral (1) Platinum Viral Gamer (1) Booster L (1) Are We Done Yet? (1) Seriously? (1) One For the Spartans (1) Requiescat In Pace (1)
Brick Breaker (1) Gem in the Rough (1) Love To Swipe (1) Top 10 (1) For Albion! (1) Deja Vu I (1) All Rounder 1 (1) Denied (1) Nothing Collector (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
18 pcs.
175 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
175 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

HyruleBalverine
Top Dawg

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Cash on hand: 85639
Bank: 586,475.00
Location: Marysville, WA, USA, North America, Sol 3, Sol System, Orion Arm, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy.
United States of America

Postby ozbundyboy » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:58 pm

My hobbies outside of gaming include collecting various things with my collections including coins, replica MINI Coopers, pens, cups, shot glasses pint glasses and postcards. I also enjoy listening to music and reading.
Medals: 48
Seasoned Hound (1) Experienced Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) Basset Hound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Charitable (1) Broadcaster (1) Helping Paw (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) 4000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Weekly Blogger (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Donor (1) Booster CCL (1) Socialite (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) Been there, Done that (1)
Brick Breaker (1) For Albion! (1) 10 Xbox One Completions (1) Rarefied (1) AHP Competition 1st (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Community Manager (1) Boosting Club Coordinator (1) Scarred For Life (1) Big Barker (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
155 pcs.
453 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

ozbundyboy

Community Manager

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Cash on hand: 177055
Australia

Postby Rick Nasty 1187 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:01 am

@HyruleBalverine if you are anything like me it doesn't matter how long you take on a project when you're done you still nitpick every little flaw and see many things you could have done to make it better.

@ozbundyboy I like collecting coins too but I don't have any that's worth anything just ones I like. Especially arcade tokens.
Medals: 16
New Hound on the Block (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) 300 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Donor (1) Bronze Viral Gamer (1) The Booster Seat (1) Nothing Collector (1)
Virtual Shelf:
16 pcs.
15 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
500 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Rick Nasty 1187
Stud Dog

Cash on hand: 65826
United States of America

Postby zzUrbanSpaceman » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:09 am

Outside of gaming, I read a lot of comics, and I also code in my spare time. I've recently got into cryptic crosswords, and also generally enjoy most puzzles, and board games.
Medals: 38
Seasoned Hound (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) 1000 posts (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Booster XXX (1) Monotonous Yet Diverse (1) One For the Spartans (1) Long Service Medal (1) Requiescat In Pace (1) Brick Breaker (1) I've Covered Wars, You Know (1) Playing in the Sandbox (1) Human Polygraph (1) The Booster Seat (1) Top 10 (1) All Rounder 1 (1) Denied (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1)
Participation Puppy (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
42 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
102 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

zzUrbanSpaceman
Top Dawg

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Cash on hand: 75160
Bank: 260,296.00
Australia

Postby Mo the Surfer » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:41 pm

Ok, so this may be a bit late to post on, I enjoy lots of hobbies outside of gaming. My biggest is 3D modeling. I like to make objects using computer programs, Autodesk Maya mostly, and set it up in a complete scene. Right now, I am still learning a lot about the program and I would like to learn Z-Brush. Maya tends to be great for non-organic items and Z-Brush is great for organic modeling. A chair is a great example of non-organic modeling where as a person is considered organic.

If you would like to see Z-Brush modeling at it's best - which is what I am aiming for - you can go to their site and take a look at the galleries. It's called PIXOLOGIC dot com. Go to the tab "About Z-Brush" and there will be a drop down menu. Pick the GALLERY option and peruse at your leisure.
Medals: 20
New Hound on the Block (1) Greyhound (1) One Of Us (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Haughty Hound (1) 700 posts (1) 800 posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Representative (1) First Time Caller (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Bronze Viral Gamer (1) Booster X (1) Boosting Medley (1) One For the Spartans (1) Long Service Medal (1) Brick Breaker (1) Bethesdaholic (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1)
Virtual Shelf:
37 pcs.
36 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
7 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Mo the Surfer
Top Dawg

Cash on hand: 27737
United States of America

Postby DeceptiCog72283 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:57 pm

HyruleBalverine wrote:While I haven't done it in a while, I've enjoyed genealogy for some time....

I've also enjoyed genealogy...my family and I have been able to trace our roots down to our first ancestor in Canada in the 1600's...but we lose the trail when we get to France. The closest we got was a general location but being of Catholic in a region that was another religion as a majority played a part in losing the trace as he most likely would have had another name to hide his religion..or something along those lines.

Other than that...love reading and I collect random things. Video game related toys and hot wheels seem to be what I collect most (I have nothnig special or worth money...just collecting for the love of it and not a financial investement)
Medals: 18
Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) Charitable (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Haughty Hound (1) 300 Posts (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) Booster V (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) Requiescat In Pace (1) Brick Breaker (1) May The Forza Be With You (1) Love To Swipe (1) Rarefied (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
24 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
27 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

DeceptiCog72283
Progeny

Cash on hand: 5972
Bank: 64,515.00
Canada

Return to Off Topic