Achievement Hounds Podcast • View topic - General Chat

General Chat

Re: General Chat

Postby CapnChipChop » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:23 pm

We definitely need to overhaul the catalogue. I think a large chunk of the games are MIA.
Medals: 2
Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1)
Virtual Shelf:
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
27 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

CapnChipChop
Yearling

1 year of membership

Cash on hand: 38800
United States of America

Postby doughboyee » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:01 am

kbeau73 wrote:Just wondering if anyone has an inside track on Fream and ZTZ's willingness to host Viral Games? I've messaged him on March 17th and haven't heard back. I've offered to host Viral Games on my website and while not many of you have visited, it would allow me to run Viral Games much more efficiently. Now, if Fream or the VG community just doesn't want me running it that is fine too but sooner or later this is going to have to move to a new home. I could literally have this up in the forums in a day or two. It would however require users to create accounts and all that jazz.

Some ideas I have thought about would be to expand Viral Games and/or rename it to include other games. I personally have a bunch I would be able to offer the program. I think there also needs to be a purge of sorts and just figure out exactly how many games we've lost and what is technically still in the system. It's a lot of work but I'm willing to do it.. we just need to either move it to ZTZ or to my small gaming community. Either way, it's time.

If we move this to my site I'd like some help with managing it. If we move it to ZTZ I'm hoping the admins there would be able to give me access to continue managing this.

Any input from anyone? (if anyone actually reads this anymore) :)

Yeah, I know originally you, spankynspronkle, mattism and I all volunteered to help with the Viral Games over on Z2Z. I just messaged Fream and he said he is still willing to set it up on the Z2Z Forum. The best way to get him is through the discord app. He's on almost all day.
Updated Extra Life 2016 Donation Button
Medals: 19
One Of Us (1) Amazonian (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) 100 Posts (1) Representative (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Bronze Viral Gamer (1) Denied (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Participation Puppy (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
3 pcs.
47 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
85 pcs.
501 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

doughboyee
Progeny

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Cash on hand: 60693
United States of America

Postby MathGuy42 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:10 am

CapnChipChop wrote:We definitely need to overhaul the catalogue. I think a large chunk of the games are MIA.

Several might be in buffs' possession. Last September, he posted in Checking In, "received Kez's big box o'games.." As far as I can tell, these haven't been publicly catalogued. I imagine they are mostly the games marked as Storage under Kez's row of the tracking sheet, but maybe there are some errors.
Medals: 19
New Hound on the Block (1) Greyhound (1) One Of Us (1) Haughty Hound (1) 100 Posts (1) Donor (1) Colonel Viral (1) Silver Viral Gamer (1) One For the Spartans (1) Brick Breaker (1) Gem in the Rough (1) A Real Hero (1) The Booster Seat (1) Love To Swipe (1) Top 10 (1) First! (1) Deja Vu II (1) 10 Xbox One Completions (1) All Rounder 3 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

MathGuy42
Tyro

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Cash on hand: 89006

Postby kbeau73 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:22 am

MathGuy42 wrote:
CapnChipChop wrote:We definitely need to overhaul the catalogue. I think a large chunk of the games are MIA.

Several might be in buffs' possession. Last September, he posted in Checking In, "received Kez's big box o'games.." As far as I can tell, these haven't been publicly catalogued. I imagine they are mostly the games marked as Storage under Kez's row of the tracking sheet, but maybe there are some errors.

I'll see if I can get some clarification on which games were received.
http://casualgaming.forumotion.com
Medals: 14
New Hound on the Block (1) Greyhound (1) One Of Us (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Haughty Hound (1) 300 Posts (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Donor (1) Colonel Viral (1) Silver Viral Gamer (1) Brick Breaker (1) Participation Puppy (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1)
Virtual Shelf:
21 pcs.
5 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
31 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

kbeau73

Viral Games Manager

Cash on hand: 4081
Bank: 184,428.00
United States of America

Postby spankynspronkle » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:52 am

You should definitely touch base with Kez. He did a massive clean up in 2014 (hence the sheets name) as there were similar issues of games that were missing or worse, people with VG's that are no longer active on the site or responsive to requests for them to send the games back.
Medals: 59
Seasoned Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Charitable (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Resolute (1) Halfway There (1) Jackpot (1) Code Cracker (1) 3000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Month Long Informer (1) Intern Blogger (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Donor (1) Colonel Viral (1) Silver Viral Gamer (1) Booster XX (1) Monotonous Yet Diverse (1)
May The Forza Be With You (1) The Booster Seat (1) Love To Swipe (1) First! (1) Deja Vu I (1) 30 Xbox One Completions (1) Denied (1) Eaglemaniac (1) Down, Fido (1) BFF (1) Sandwich Lover (1) Gun Hoarder (1) Points to Burn (1) Nothing Collector (1) The Collector (1) Rarefied (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Community Manager (1) Free Falling (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List Participant (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
22 pcs.
120 pcs.
10 pcs.
137 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

spankynspronkle

Community Manager

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Cash on hand: 2750
Bank: 567,488.00
United States of America

Viral Games is moving!

Postby kbeau73 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:18 pm

Viral Games is going to be moving to another site. I've been thinking about where it should go and I've decided I will be hosting it at Casual Gaming Community. We had talked about moving it to Zed To Zed but I've decided against it for a couple of reasons. Nothing personal and I know a lot of previous users still frequent that site but seeing as I will be the one running it, I'd like to have access to do whatever it is I need to do and when I need to do it. This is one of my biggest pet peeves about it being currently on this site. My site has been up for a couple of years now and it's been smaller but we like it there.

Feel free to check it out at http://casualgaming.forumotion.com. Once you log in and create an account, I will go ahead and give you access to the Viral Games sections. Please be patient as the Viral Games will be under construction for a little while. Mattism and spankynspronkle have offered to help so I'm hoping their offers still stand.

Some items we're going to be working on...

- updating the viral games catalogs
- attempting to retrieve games from inactive users
- potentially expanding the catalog of games to include other games
- we will be creating a new spreadsheet without tiers (most likely will be aplabetical)
- identifying users that haven't logged in but might still want to be in the program
- a private message will be sent to all of those that have participated in VG to give the new site and also attempt game retrieval.

As this is a community and I'm only taking the helm, if you have comments, suggestions or complaints... feel free to bring them to me, spankynspronkle & Mattism should they want to assist.

Personally I'm excited because I'll be able to move messages and such which will allow me to keep the forums a lot cleaner.

Any input is appreciated and looking forward to getting this thing going.

Thanks to all of you that are keeping this community alive.

-kbeau73
New Hound on the Block (1) Greyhound (1) One Of Us (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Haughty Hound (1) 300 Posts (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Donor (1) Colonel Viral (1) Silver Viral Gamer (1) Brick Breaker (1) Participation Puppy (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1)
Virtual Shelf:
21 pcs.
5 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
31 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

kbeau73

Viral Games Manager

United States of America

Postby Mattism » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:32 pm

Just going to say I am disappointed in this. You had people willing to help run it on ZtZ. With a lot of the community visiting that site it is the better place for VG. I believe moving it to your site is a mistake.
Medals: 45
Experienced Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) Charitable (1) Broadcaster (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Majority Shareholder (1) C.E.O. (1) Dog didn't eat your homework! (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Resolute (1) Jackpot (1) 1000 posts (1) Street Team (1) First Time Caller (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Benefactor (1) Gold Viral Gamer (1) Booster CCL (1) Eat, Sleep, Boost, Repeat (1) Let's Finish This!! (1) Been there, Done that (1) Requiescat In Pace (1) The Veteran (1) Brick Breaker (1) Violence in Silence (1) A Real Hero (1) Top 10 (1) A True Jedi (1)
Rarefied (1) Consigliere (1) AHPM Thirds Place (1) Boosting Club Coordinator (1) Free Falling (1) 2012 E3 Swagtacular Entrant (1) Scarred For Life (1) To Do List Participant (1) Big Barker (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
307 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
340 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Mattism

Boosting Coordinator

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Cash on hand: 641386
Bank: 478,904.00
United States of America

Postby Freamwhole » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:15 am

Door is still open for Zed To Zed - you are more than welcome to come over.
Living the dream (because I'm always half asleep)
Medals: 25
New Hound on the Block (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) Amazonian (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) 2000 Posts (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Community Cast Star (1) Booster X (1) Boosting Medley (1) Requiescat In Pace (1) Top 10 (1) For Albion! (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
58 pcs.
126 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Freamwhole
Top Dawg

Cash on hand: 4658
Bank: 622,109.00
United States of America

Postby kbeau73 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:51 am

Freamwhole wrote:Door is still open for Zed To Zed - you are more than welcome to come over.

Thanks so much for the offer, it's definitely appreciated but it's easier for me to manage (access wise and such) from CGC.

I really do appreciate you and Spaceman offering.
Virtual Shelf:
21 pcs.
5 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
31 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

kbeau73

Viral Games Manager

United States of America

Postby kbeau73 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:02 am

Mattism wrote:Just going to say I am disappointed in this. You had people willing to help run it on ZtZ. With a lot of the community visiting that site it is the better place for VG. I believe moving it to your site is a mistake.

Your opinion has been noted. I have people that are willing to help it on my site. Maybe more people do visit there but really, what does that have to do with anything? Most viral users log in, post their VG message and go. Very few are active parts of the forums so what's it matter if they log into my site or ZtZ? You've made yourself clear and I respect that. I'm sorry you are disappointed but I can't and won't try to please everyone. My main function is to keep VG running and the easiest / least time consuming way to do that was to host it on CGC.

Please let me know if you are planning on still being a part of the community or not. If not, I can send you an address to send the games back when you've finsihed with them.
Virtual Shelf:
21 pcs.
5 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
31 pcs.