Achievement Hounds Podcast • View topic - Want the Bioshock 2 RUSSIAN PC Stack? An Idea.

Want the Bioshock 2 RUSSIAN PC Stack? An Idea.

Want the Bioshock 2 RUSSIAN PC Stack? An Idea.

Postby johnnymurder138 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:52 pm

As the title states, I am after the russian PC version of Bioshock 2. I am a huge fan on the bioshock series, and one of my bucketlist for video games, its to complete every version avaialble.

Now the PC Version Of Bioshock 2, can be stacked with the Xbox Version, Twice.
So you can 1k The USA PC version, and Also 1k The Russian PC Version.

Finding the russian version , at any price, is hard. Finding at a GOOD price, is impossible.

Ive seen it on ebay quiet a few times, going for about 150.00 USD. Entirely too much. I know theres a thread on xbox360a about some guy saying to just download it off a torrent, but im not super kosher with that.

SO, i have an idea. Lets say, an ebay auction comes along, with bioshock 2 russian for 150 bucks. Now, im not shelling out 150 bucks for it, but id pay, 15 for it easy. WELL, Im SURE theres 10 of you out there who would love to play this stack as well. 10 people @ 15 bucks a piece = 150 smackers. The 10 people who donate would of course be the first to get the game, and then, if anyone ELSE wants the game, we can go viral with it, but id say have like a Requirement (ie, X amount of valid trades already) type thing.

Just a thought, lol i just really want this stack.
If interested, let me know! post below.
Not interested? Post why! :)

JohnnyMurder138
[url=http://raptr.com/johnnymurder138?src=em_plat][img]http://raptr.com/badge/johnnymurder138/fs_xbox.png[/img][/url]
Medals: 6
New Hound on the Block (1) Greyhound (1) One Of Us (1) 100 Posts (1) Guest Star (1) 1st Place 2012 E3 Swagtacular (1)
%s XBox Live Avatar

johnnymurder138
Graduate

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Cash on hand: 3167
Bank: 143,581.00

Re: Want the Bioshock 2 RUSSIAN PC Stack? An Idea.

Postby merricat sugar » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:17 pm

I'd want to throw in some $$- no more than $15/$20- but no DRM type issues with it?
Medals: 37
Seasoned Hound (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Helping Paw (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) 2000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Representative (1) First Time Caller (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Guest Star (1) Community Cast Star (1) Contributor (1) Platinum Viral Gamer (1) Booster L (1) Okay, Maybe One More... (1) Brick Breaker (1) 10 Xbox One Completions (1) Gun Collector (1) Rarefied (1) Eating up Quarters (1) AHP Competition 2nd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1)
2012 E3 Swagtacular Entrant (1) Scarred For Life (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List Participant (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1)
Virtual Shelf:
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
162 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
135 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

merricat sugar
Top Dawg

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Cash on hand: 392654
Bank: 20,938.00
United States of America

Postby johnnymurder138 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:47 pm

Dont think So. Thats a good question honestly. From my experience, Most GFWL really dont have DRM issues.
I know I borrowed Fall out 3 from a friend, had no issues.
[url=http://raptr.com/johnnymurder138?src=em_plat][img]http://raptr.com/badge/johnnymurder138/fs_xbox.png[/img][/url]
New Hound on the Block (1) Greyhound (1) One Of Us (1) 100 Posts (1) Guest Star (1) 1st Place 2012 E3 Swagtacular (1)
%s XBox Live Avatar

johnnymurder138
Graduate

Postby TomoyoN » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:47 am

Has anyone tried to get it from Russia STEAM? I don't know if its the stackable but might be a cheap alternative...
Medals: 23
Veteran Hound (1) One Of Us (1) Haughty Hound (1) 400 posts (1) Inquiry (1) Guest Star (1) Bronze Viral Gamer (1) Booster X (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) Seriously? (1) One For the Spartans (1) The Veteran (1) I've Covered Wars, You Know (1) Playing in the Sandbox (1) Violence in Silence (1) Gem in the Rough (1) Gooooaaaaalllll!!!! (1) Old School (1) Love To Swipe (1) Top 10 (1) Rarefied (1) AHPM Second Place (1) To Do List Participant (1)
%s XBox Live Avatar

TomoyoN
Top Dawg

Cash on hand: 198746
Bank: 0.00
United States of America

Postby johnnymurder138 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:34 pm

thats a good idea, i will def have to check that out
Im sure its not that easy, but, sometimes its the easy ways people dont try! lol
%s XBox Live Avatar

johnnymurder138
Graduate

Postby RedmptionDenied » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:10 am

I like the idea in theory but don't think this is the best game for it. Unless everyone doesn't mind just getting the offline achievements for it as I'd imagine it's quite difficult to find enough people to boost the online. And even if you could, turret boosting gets old fast (coming from someone who's still working on 3 other versions of the game >_>) and it's by no means quick so I feel like some people would be waiting quite awhile to get their hands on it. If it were for something like say, Memories Off: Yubikiri no Kioku, the Chinese stack, or even the Korean version of Wall-E (for the few people with Japan consoles) ,which are both pretty rare, but could be done relatively quick and passed right along it'd make more sense.

This is the last version of Bioshock 2 I need though and I'm sure at some point I'll look to pick it up but in no rush with all the upcoming tourneys. I'd say just keep an eye out and let everyone know if you find a copy for a decent price. Once someone here has it they can take it in turn to work out passing it along to anyone else who wants it however they see fit. Maybe loan them a game in return or throw $10 or so their way to borrow it. I'd be down for either of those.

I asked a friend who played it and he borrowed it from someone else so I don't believe there's any drm issues but I don't know much about how they work. I've played maybe a dozen or so gfwl and run into that problem probably 2 or 3 times. If memory serves, I sold a copy of Bulletstorm PC for like $5 and had to refund the money as the person couldn't redeem the key on a new tag. He said I could either refund him his money or just give him the gamertag associated with the game. Yeah, I think I'll just hand over my tag with well over 200k at that point to save the $5. <_<
Medals: 45
Professional Hound (1) Greyhound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Charitable (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Jackpot (1) 300 Posts (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) Guest Star (1) Donor (1) Booster I (1) One For the Spartans (1) Long Service Medal (1) Requiescat In Pace (1) The Veteran (1) BSAA Professional (1) Brick Breaker (1) You Can't Miss the Bear (1) Violence in Silence (1) A Real Hero (1) The Booster Seat (1) Viral Games 2.0 (1) Love To Swipe (1) Make Us Whole (1) Big Daddy (1) Top 10 (1)
First! (1) Deja Vu II (1) 30 Xbox One Completions (1) All Rounder 3 (1) AHP Competition 1st (1) AHP Competition 2nd (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) AHP Competition Veteran (1) AHPM First Place (1) Fantasy Football Winner (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) 2012 E3 Swagtacular Entrant (1) Participation Puppy (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
94 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
117 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

RedmptionDenied
Top Dawg

Cash on hand: 384315
Bank: 937,217.00
United States of America

Postby johnnymurder138 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:24 pm

I can def understand. I just want that bioshock 2 russian on my tag sooo bad lol

Sadly, in my journeys looking for it, i came across someone with the same issue of needing to boost the mP portion. they basically installed the game twice on 2 computers. which, i ASSUME would be legal, lol who knws with all the new laws and stuff on what u can and cant do.

I see most of the GFWL titles u can use the same CD key on, which is not to promote any bad activities, it just makes me wonder about the guy who couldnt get bulletstorm to work. wonder if he was really just after your account? who knows

its like me and my pal console want. i want a pal console just so i can stack the sega genesis collection lol
Altho pal systems arnt that much on amazon

Also, ALOT of games that come out are region free, so its not like u cant use the system for other games too.

I got a buncha amazon credit from bing rewards. might used it for the the purchase of a pal system soon.
%s XBox Live Avatar

johnnymurder138
Graduate

Postby RedmptionDenied » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:32 am

I did something like that with Vancouver 2010 PC. I could switch user on windows and run the game on a 2nd account at the same time. It was a bit tricky to work out as I had to keep switching between the users as the game was loading or one would drop out. Not sure if something like that would work for Bioshock 2 as well. Kind of doubt it though.

I think CD keys are just on a case by case basis. Like I said, I've run into problems a couple times selling and had a friend on TA just have it happen to him within the last couple weeks. Purchased a used gwfl and the cd key wouldn't work. Had to get a refund and purchase a cd key for the game elsewhere. Not sure if there's anyway to tell for sure until you try it with a different computer/account.

I believe bing reward points are exclusive to Amazon.com and won't work on Amazon.com/uk or de. I know Vodka picked up a PAL of ebay for just over 180 and I got one off Amazon.com/de for just over 200 so not that bad but a Japan system is much more worth it as far as easy gs games go. I do have the Sega Mega Drive stack if you ever do pull the trigger on a PAL console though let me know.
Professional Hound (1) Greyhound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Charitable (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Jackpot (1) 300 Posts (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) Guest Star (1) Donor (1) Booster I (1) One For the Spartans (1) Long Service Medal (1) Requiescat In Pace (1) The Veteran (1) BSAA Professional (1) Brick Breaker (1) You Can't Miss the Bear (1) Violence in Silence (1) A Real Hero (1) The Booster Seat (1) Viral Games 2.0 (1) Love To Swipe (1) Make Us Whole (1) Big Daddy (1) Top 10 (1)
First! (1) Deja Vu II (1) 30 Xbox One Completions (1) All Rounder 3 (1) AHP Competition 1st (1) AHP Competition 2nd (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) AHP Competition Veteran (1) AHPM First Place (1) Fantasy Football Winner (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) 2012 E3 Swagtacular Entrant (1) Participation Puppy (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
94 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
117 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

RedmptionDenied
Top Dawg

United States of America

Postby johnnymurder138 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:16 pm

ah, wasnt even thinking about regions for my amazon certficates. and like an idiot ive got 200 already on my USA amazon account lol
I guess imma have to create a UK account and just try one.
altho i wonder if there anyone is selling a pal on the usa site...

BAH there is. 1. 500 bux. not worth it, even if i am getting the gc's for free.

hmm.. but is bing rewards available in uk tho? VPN FOR THE WIN if so.

...and no bing rewards for uk. dang
%s XBox Live Avatar

johnnymurder138
Graduate

Postby merricat sugar » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:55 pm

I thought the big issue was uk amazon won't ship consoles to the US anymore. Am I wrong? It seems like such a hassel to get a PAL or NTSCJ console- makes me wish I had more IRL gaming friends and we could split the cost and share.
Medals: 37
Seasoned Hound (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Helping Paw (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) 2000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Representative (1) First Time Caller (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Guest Star (1) Community Cast Star (1) Contributor (1) Platinum Viral Gamer (1) Booster L (1) Okay, Maybe One More... (1) Brick Breaker (1) 10 Xbox One Completions (1) Gun Collector (1) Rarefied (1) Eating up Quarters (1) AHP Competition 2nd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1)
2012 E3 Swagtacular Entrant (1) Scarred For Life (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List Participant (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
162 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
135 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

merricat sugar
Top Dawg

Cash on hand: 392654
Bank: 20,938.00
United States of America

Postby johnnymurder138 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:33 pm

agreed Chupa
%s XBox Live Avatar

johnnymurder138
Graduate

Postby RedmptionDenied » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:59 am

Yeah I had to search around a bit to find a seller on amazon.uk who would ship over here and the only one I could find charged a ton and it would have been like $450. Had no problems with amazon.de though except for the whole not knowing a word of German. >_>
Site looks the exact same as here though so it's not that hard to navigate and it will put a big X next to a product if the seller won't ship to your location.

The real issue for me wasn't necessarily the costs of an import console but more so the games. Even the cheap UK ones cost a decent amount to ship over here and the Japan ones can just get ridiculous. Paying $80+ on some 5 hour storybook game is going a bit far. I only go about $50-60 <_<. Helps a lot having a few others with import consoles though to borrow/trade games between. Makes it a lot easier to justify paying that much for one crappy game when I know I can sometimes get a couple more back in trades for it.

I just keep telling myself I'll recoup most of my costs when I sell everything off like a year or so down the road after I play all the easy 1ks and stacks that I want.
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
94 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
117 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

RedmptionDenied
Top Dawg

United States of America

Postby Elite Scion XB » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:42 pm

Anyone of you who have interest in picking up a PAL console let the 3 of us with them know before you start looking for games. Thanks to other AH community members (buckmarley and gypsymuffin) in the UK I now have 7 more PAL games along with the few I already had. The games are probably were you have the most issue on either Alt console but with someone to trade with it becomes less stressful and expensive.

Like Redemption said if you are looking for a PAL console Amazon.de will be the cheapest and best (IMO) option to get one. The site is in German but with the exact same layout as Amazon and Google.translate you can get through it.

Everyone has there own reason to want an ALT console and the added points just help "justify" that want. Or at least rationalize the cost to yourself.

I have even gone Next Gen with Smoking
Medals: 29
New Hound on the Block (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) Amazonian (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Jackpot (1) Code Cracker (1) 1000 posts (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Guest Star (1) The Good Samaritan (1) Platinum Viral Gamer (1) Booster L (1) Monotonous Yet Diverse (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) Long Service Medal (1) I Have The Need (1) May The Forza Be With You (1) Love To Swipe (1) Points to Burn (1) Out Of The Ordinary (1) AHP Competition 2nd (1) 2012 E3 Swagtacular Entrant (1) Viral Games Manager (1) Participation Puppy (1) To Do List Participant (1)
Virtual Shelf:
72 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
2 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
2 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
2 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Elite Scion XB

Viral Games Manager

Cash on hand: 6795
Bank: 551,812.00
Chile

Postby johnnymurder138 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:42 pm

so wait a second. lol on amazon.de , how does shipping work?

like, im sure its gonna be extra shipping? and will they ship usa?
%s XBox Live Avatar

johnnymurder138
Graduate

Postby RedmptionDenied » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:58 pm

Shipping for me was only like $18. Cost $205.54 total. Took 2 weeks to arrive.
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
94 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
117 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

RedmptionDenied
Top Dawg

United States of America

Postby johnnymurder138 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:04 pm

Nice. Maybe a christmas present to myself this year lol
%s XBox Live Avatar

johnnymurder138
Graduate

Postby Elite Scion XB » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:11 am

Yeah apparently the Germans don't care about import rules so Amazon.de will ship the console to you.

The only problem with Amazon.de is for games because again the Germans don't care if it is the German game or just a PAL game. So this becomes a issue for finding the German (cut) stack of a game. It took 2 purchases of Wanted to get the correct version for me but partly my fault. USK is the German rating system so ask first that it is a USK rated not a PAL rated game. And then verify when you receive so that if it is wrong you can return (biggest reason for using Amazon IMO).

I have even gone Next Gen with Smoking
Medals: 29
New Hound on the Block (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) Amazonian (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Jackpot (1) Code Cracker (1) 1000 posts (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Guest Star (1) The Good Samaritan (1) Platinum Viral Gamer (1) Booster L (1) Monotonous Yet Diverse (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) Long Service Medal (1) I Have The Need (1) May The Forza Be With You (1) Love To Swipe (1) Points to Burn (1) Out Of The Ordinary (1) AHP Competition 2nd (1) 2012 E3 Swagtacular Entrant (1) Viral Games Manager (1) Participation Puppy (1) To Do List Participant (1)
Virtual Shelf:
72 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
2 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
2 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
2 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Elite Scion XB

Viral Games Manager

Cash on hand: 6795
Bank: 551,812.00
Chile

Return to GFWL