Achievement Hounds Podcast • View topic - Viva Pinata problem...any suggestions?

Viva Pinata problem...any suggestions?

Viva Pinata problem...any suggestions?

Postby Kez001 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:09 pm

I'm about 5 hours into trying to find a fix for the Viva Pinata problem I'm having, wondering if maybe anyone else has experienced the same thing.

First off, I'm using the disc version of the game...and it was working 2 weeks ago, now when I try to launch the game, I get a message saying "Startup Application has stopped working" with the options to close the program or search for solutions online and close the program (this does nothing...searches for a moment, then shuts down with no results displayed).

I've tried:

Running as administrator - same result
Running in compatibility mode - Error message saying "Please insert the correct DVDROM"
Clean boot - same result

I'm able to run my Steam-based GFWL games with no issues.
I'm able to run my only other disc-based GFWL game with no issues (Universe at War)
(Tested these in order to eliminate the possibility of an issue with the GFWL client because I found several responses online indicating that it may be necessary to delete and redownload portions of the GFWL client...but, as far as I can tell, redownloading any portion of that isn't an option anymore...)

I don't want to delete/reinstall the game because from everything I've read, even if I save a copy of the saved game file, it's not going to be recognized/useable after a reinstall.

The last thing I attempted was installing the game on my girlfriend's computer....which resulted in the "Startup Application has stopped working" error appearing, so I'm thinking maybe somehow the disc got damaged while sitting idle in my drive for 2 weeks?

Any suggestions appreciated.
Medals: 45
Experienced Hound (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) Amazonian (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Halfway There (1) Fortunate (1) 2000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Gift of Gab (1) The Year In Review (1) Contributor (1) Colonel Viral (1) Platinum Viral Gamer (1) Booster CL (1) Eat, Sleep, Boost, Repeat (1) Had A Lil Help From My Friends (1) Been there, Done that (1) Requiescat In Pace (1) Brick Breaker (1) A Real Hero (1) Love To Swipe (1) Top 10 (1) Bethesdaholic (1) 10 Xbox One Completions (1)
All Rounder 2 (1) Nothing Collector (1) AHP Competition 1st (1) AHP Competition 2nd (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Viral Games Manager (1) To Do List Participant (1) Big Barker (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
22 pcs.
182 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
403 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Kez001

Viral Games Manager

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Cash on hand: 191102
Bank: 1,248,056.00
United States of America

Re: Viva Pinata problem...any suggestions?

Postby xylofreak » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:57 pm

This one might be a long shot but have you tried applying a no/cd crack? It allows you to play the game with no cd inserted. Seems like the game crashes as it loads from the disc so that might fix the error. Here a link to where you can find one.

link edited since problem was solved - griff.
Medals: 23
Seasoned Hound (1) One Of Us (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Community Meetup (1) Haughty Hound (1) 100 Posts (1) Bronze Viral Gamer (1) Booster C (1) Are We Done Yet? (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) Been there, Done that (1) One For the Spartans (1) Requiescat In Pace (1) The Veteran (1) That Deserves a Chili Dog (1) Old School (1) The Booster Seat (1) Viral Games 2.0 (1) Love To Swipe (1) AHP Competition 1st (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1)
Virtual Shelf:
127 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

xylofreak
Graduate

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Cash on hand: 1768
Bank: 208,901.00
United States of America

Postby Kez001 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:57 pm

I took a look at that, but the warning below the download, combined with having no idea which of those to download or how to get it running kinda scared me away, though I did read one user saying that was the only way he got his to work from the time he purchased it. It's really odd to me how this game worked a couple of weeks ago, but won't now...
Experienced Hound (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) Amazonian (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Halfway There (1) Fortunate (1) 2000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Gift of Gab (1) The Year In Review (1) Contributor (1) Colonel Viral (1) Platinum Viral Gamer (1) Booster CL (1) Eat, Sleep, Boost, Repeat (1) Had A Lil Help From My Friends (1) Been there, Done that (1) Requiescat In Pace (1) Brick Breaker (1) A Real Hero (1) Love To Swipe (1) Top 10 (1) Bethesdaholic (1) 10 Xbox One Completions (1)
All Rounder 2 (1) Nothing Collector (1) AHP Competition 1st (1) AHP Competition 2nd (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Viral Games Manager (1) To Do List Participant (1) Big Barker (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
22 pcs.
182 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
403 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Kez001

Viral Games Manager

United States of America

Postby Kez001 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:17 am

Wound up doing a system restore to the day after the last time I'd earned achievements...tried launching the game and got nothing...just sorta seemed like it wasn't registering. Rebooted again and tried to launch and it brought up the game launcher...left it sitting there for 10 minutes or so before hitting play and when I did, the game finally launched...now to wrap this thing up!
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
22 pcs.
182 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
403 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Kez001

Viral Games Manager

United States of America

Postby xylofreak » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:48 am

Good to hear!!!! Yeah those files normally do get warnings because it is an altered .exe although they are safe most of the times. None the less, glad it worked for ya, good luck!
Medals: 23
Seasoned Hound (1) One Of Us (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Community Meetup (1) Haughty Hound (1) 100 Posts (1) Bronze Viral Gamer (1) Booster C (1) Are We Done Yet? (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) Been there, Done that (1) One For the Spartans (1) Requiescat In Pace (1) The Veteran (1) That Deserves a Chili Dog (1) Old School (1) The Booster Seat (1) Viral Games 2.0 (1) Love To Swipe (1) AHP Competition 1st (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1)
Virtual Shelf:
127 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

xylofreak
Graduate

Cash on hand: 1768
Bank: 208,901.00
United States of America

Return to GFWL