Achievement Hounds Podcast • View topic - Contest Prizes

Contest Prizes

Contest Prizes

Postby griffey95 » Wed May 11, 2016 9:25 pm

We have had word from Kyle to stop all monetary prizes for the contests that are run on the site until the regular hosts come back if they ever do.

Oz is trying to pay any outstanding amounts that have been in limbo for the last few weeks.

All non monetary prizes are still good for the contests, but for now it is all we have to go on. Sorry I can't give you any more information as that is all I know.

Any questions I can answer feel free to ask. Thanks.
Medals: 54
Experienced Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Charitable (1) Broadcaster (1) Helping Paw (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Community Meetup (1) Haughty Hound (1) Resolute (1) Halfway There (1) Jackpot (1) 2000 Posts (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) First Time Caller (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Guest Star (1) Community Cast Star (1) The Good Samaritan (1) Major Viral (1) Gold Viral Gamer (1) Booster XXX (1) Boosting Medley (1) Been there, Done that (1) May The Forza Be With You (1)
Mind Sculptor (1) 10 Xbox One Completions (1) All Rounder 2 (1) Denied (1) Eaglemaniac (1) Down, Fido (1) BFF (1) Sandwich Lover (1) Gun Collector (1) Points to Burn (1) The Collector (1) Out Of The Ordinary (1) Consigliere (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Community Manager (1) 2012 E3 Swagtacular Entrant (1) Scarred For Life (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List Participant (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
7 pcs.
117 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
117 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

griffey95

Community Manager

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Cash on hand: 138521
Bank: 3,078,387.00
Japan

Re: Contest Prizes

Postby ozbundyboy » Thu May 12, 2016 2:04 am

I have issued the codes that were owning to members and there is currently enough codes to cover this weeks VIP Prize Draw, the May AHAH contest and the May Birthday Challenge. In regards to the game of the week, the VIP prize draw will be for either points or stock, however I will double the prize to make being a VIP shareholder worthwhile, this will change back when we are able to give currency prizes again.
Medals: 46
Seasoned Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Charitable (1) Broadcaster (1) Helping Paw (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) 4000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Weekly Blogger (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Donor (1) Booster CCL (1) Socialite (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) Been there, Done that (1) Brick Breaker (1) For Albion! (1)
10 Xbox One Completions (1) Rarefied (1) AHP Competition 1st (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Community Manager (1) Boosting Club Coordinator (1) Scarred For Life (1) Big Barker (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
155 pcs.
453 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

ozbundyboy

Community Manager

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Cash on hand: 133894
Bank: 0.00
Australia

Postby HyruleBalverine » Sun May 15, 2016 7:19 am

Well, that sounds like an official portent of doom. I'm sad to know that the site is receiving so little love from the owners. Perhaps one day, they'll just pass the keys along to someone else. Woof!
(And no, I don't care about the money; I like the site and don't want it to die).
Image Image
Medals: 47
New Hound on the Block (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Amazonian (1) Charitable (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Dog didn't eat your homework! (1) Haughty Hound (1) Resolute (1) Jackpot (1) 2000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Gift of Gab (1) The Year In Review (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Philanthropist (1) Colonel Viral (1) Platinum Viral Gamer (1) Booster L (1) Are We Done Yet? (1) Seriously? (1) One For the Spartans (1) Requiescat In Pace (1)
Brick Breaker (1) Gem in the Rough (1) Love To Swipe (1) Top 10 (1) For Albion! (1) Deja Vu I (1) All Rounder 1 (1) Denied (1) Nothing Collector (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
18 pcs.
175 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
175 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

HyruleBalverine
Top Dawg

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Cash on hand: 48163
Bank: 469,616.00
Location: Marysville, WA, USA, North America, Sol 3, Sol System, Orion Arm, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy.
United States of America

Postby ozbundyboy » Tue May 17, 2016 10:01 pm

In his message, Kyle said that it would be until the hosts return whioch will hopefully be someday soon.

I will as announced be continuing the game of the week with no currency prize in the VIP Prize Draw but will not be continuing with the monthly AHAH contest as I believe the amount of effort to enter the main or bonus contest is too great to warrant there being no currency prize included. In regards to the Birthday contest, I will leave the decision about the running of the contest without a currency prize option up to spankynspronkle as that is his contest.
Seasoned Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Charitable (1) Broadcaster (1) Helping Paw (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) 4000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Weekly Blogger (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Community Cast Star (1) Donor (1) Booster CCL (1) Socialite (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) Been there, Done that (1) Brick Breaker (1) For Albion! (1)
10 Xbox One Completions (1) Rarefied (1) AHP Competition 1st (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Community Manager (1) Boosting Club Coordinator (1) Scarred For Life (1) Big Barker (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Professional Party Crasher (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
155 pcs.
453 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

ozbundyboy

Community Manager

Australia

Postby Freamwhole » Wed May 18, 2016 7:39 am

It has been essentially 12 months with no currency prizes - that hasn't been the motivating factor for most people I assume. We all like a challenge - Birthday Tag contest allows enough flexibility to let pretty much everyone participate - hence participation is pretty good. The AHAH is quite strict in that you must have 3 of the 6 games - which certainly lends to me not participating.
Living the dream (because I'm always half asleep)
Medals: 25
New Hound on the Block (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) Amazonian (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) 2000 Posts (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Community Cast Star (1) Booster X (1) Boosting Medley (1) Requiescat In Pace (1) Top 10 (1) For Albion! (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
58 pcs.
126 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Freamwhole
Top Dawg

Cash on hand: 3772
Bank: 622,109.00
United States of America

Postby ozbundyboy » Wed May 18, 2016 9:04 am

Freamwhole wrote:It has been essentially 12 months with no currency prizes - that hasn't been the motivating factor for most people I assume. We all like a challenge - Birthday Tag contest allows enough flexibility to let pretty much everyone participate - hence participation is pretty good. The AHAH is quite strict in that you must have 3 of the 6 games - which certainly lends to me not participating.

There have been currency prizes in that time, unfortunately the winners of currnency prizes have had to wait to receive their code/s for contests in which they have won prizes. It's hard to say what motiviates people to join contests, with game of the week, I think it comes down to what game is picked and there have been weeks like this week where the game picked doesn't necessarily motivate people to participate in the contest. or where people think, "yep, I'm going to enter that contest" then completely forget (something I do a lot).

In regards to the AHAH, you only really need to own at least three games for the main contest. In regards to the Bonus Contest, you could get away with only having one or two of the six games, and if you are lucky you will own the game that is the Crossover Game of the Week (game of the week that starts in one month and finishes in the next month eg GoTW April 24-May1: Rare Replay) When the AHAH returns, the GotW post for the week that links two different months will include a comment stating that it is a part of the next month's AHAH which also lists the five achievements that are part of the AHAH contest. This will hopefully make the game of the week for the crossover weeks more enticing for people to enter as their achievements for that game could be used in two different contests.
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
155 pcs.
453 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

ozbundyboy

Community Manager

Australia

Postby watty8883 » Wed May 18, 2016 2:59 pm

I support Oz's statement. I have been paid currency prizes more than once over the last 12 months. I have thanked him by pm and not publicaly in the threads.
Medals: 56
Professional Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) Amazonian (1) Charitable (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Haughty Hound (1) Resolute (1) Fortunate (1) 900 posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Representative (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Booster XX (1) Okay, Maybe One More... (1) One For the Spartans (1) Long Service Medal (1) Requiescat In Pace (1) The Veteran (1) BSAA Professional (1) Gat's Protige (1) Brick Breaker (1) You Can't Miss the Bear (1) Playing in the Sandbox (1) Violence in Silence (1) Gem in the Rough (1) Human Polygraph (1) A Real Hero (1)
The Booster Seat (1) Love To Swipe (1) Big Daddy (1) Yes, They're Brass (1) Top 10 (1) Cowboy Up (1) For Albion! (1) Ultimate Badass (1) Bethesdaholic (1) Deja Vu II (1) 60 Xbox One Completions (1) All Rounder 2 (1) RPG Collar (1) Vehicular Combat Collar (1) Gun Collector (1) AHP Competition 1st (1) AHP Competition 2nd (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) AHP Competition Veteran (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Winner (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
122 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
16 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

watty8883
Top Dawg

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Cash on hand: 45981
Bank: 220,331.00
Great Britain

Postby Freamwhole » Thu May 19, 2016 9:46 am

My statement about the currency codes was a matter of motivation - not of compliance.

I don't really care whether they were paid or not - I'm glad they were, but I was referring to the reason people join specific contests.

Everyone can chime in on their own motivation, but I'll make general statements that I feel cover the community at large - at least my own perspective.

The monthly birthday tag is a very open ended and accessible challenge - and I make an effort to join each month because I enjoy it and can play games that I'm interested in playing while still working toward a goal.

The AHAH and Game Of The Week present specific games that I may not own or have the desire to play - therefore - before the month/week begins - the player pool has already shrunk. Compound that with a time limit and the player pool gets further whittled down.

The monthly AHAH is a fine contest, but if you are looking to increase participation - the structure should be modified to be more inclusive and provide a greater range of ways to participate. Some suggestions would be themes like the Weekly Scavenger hunts - or allow players to choose game genres - ROLE PLAYING, PUZZLE - then suggest earning achievements based on ratio within the game and not identify specific achievements - I'm just spit balling.

If you don't want to run it anymore - that is fine, but I don't think lack of participation is related to currency codes - it boils down to an exclusive contest design.

Let's be honest - if you were in these contests for the money - you would have given up long ago. I believe it is more about personal pride and achievement (something the Achievement Hunter and Gamerscore Junkie share as a deeply rooted desire) - the prizes were a welcome bonus.
Living the dream (because I'm always half asleep)
Medals: 25
New Hound on the Block (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) Amazonian (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) 2000 Posts (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Community Cast Star (1) Booster X (1) Boosting Medley (1) Requiescat In Pace (1) Top 10 (1) For Albion! (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
58 pcs.
126 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Freamwhole
Top Dawg

Cash on hand: 3772
Bank: 622,109.00
United States of America

Postby watty8883 » Fri May 20, 2016 8:03 am

Sounds very much like Genre of the month from the old 360 voice . Some of the genres were challenging ie RPG and puzzle, partly due to lack of games and time consuming achievements compared to other genres. I agree with Fream more people would be able to take part in these time of contests and we could play for the gold, silver and bronze trophies again.
Medals: 56
Professional Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) Amazonian (1) Charitable (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Haughty Hound (1) Resolute (1) Fortunate (1) 900 posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Representative (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Booster XX (1) Okay, Maybe One More... (1) One For the Spartans (1) Long Service Medal (1) Requiescat In Pace (1) The Veteran (1) BSAA Professional (1) Gat's Protige (1) Brick Breaker (1) You Can't Miss the Bear (1) Playing in the Sandbox (1) Violence in Silence (1) Gem in the Rough (1) Human Polygraph (1) A Real Hero (1)
The Booster Seat (1) Love To Swipe (1) Big Daddy (1) Yes, They're Brass (1) Top 10 (1) Cowboy Up (1) For Albion! (1) Ultimate Badass (1) Bethesdaholic (1) Deja Vu II (1) 60 Xbox One Completions (1) All Rounder 2 (1) RPG Collar (1) Vehicular Combat Collar (1) Gun Collector (1) AHP Competition 1st (1) AHP Competition 2nd (1) AHP Competition 3rd (1) AHP Competition Veteran (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Winner (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
122 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
16 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

watty8883
Top Dawg

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Cash on hand: 45981
Bank: 220,331.00
Great Britain

Postby nickhawkeye » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:07 am

The $ for the contests is not a big deal, I still enjoy attempting certain feats. the only thing I think it hurts is the Amazon affiliate link, which probably hurts the prize pool, and although I still try to use the link but it has been down a few times and with no prizes being given out I'm sure participation in the link has suffered. like most commenting here I just want the site to keep going I could care less about the prizes if the site cannot support them.
Unfortunately I haven't had time to play much the last year with a new job and moving to another state my xbox was packed up for a bit of the time. Getting settled finally now so hopefully will have time to dive back into some stuff.
Medals: 10
Greyhound (1) Amazonian (1) Literate (1) Community Cast Star (1) Bronze Viral Gamer (1) Requiescat In Pace (1) Participation Puppy (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
%s XBox Live Avatar

nickhawkeye
Graduate

Cash on hand: 0
Bank: 77,487.00
United States of America

Return to Announcements