Achievement Hounds Podcast • View topic - Boosting Club FAQ

Boosting Club FAQ

Boosting Club FAQ

Postby merricat sugar » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:19 am

Boosting Club FAQ

:arrow: What is Boosting Club?

The Achievement Hounds Boosting Club is a way to get online achievements in games, interact with the AH community, and earn medals on the AH website. We get together online and work on obtaining multi-player achievements that are either difficult to get or the game no longer has any legitimate players.

:arrow: How do I join?

There are three requirements: 1) You need to be a registered member of the AH forums, 2) You need to have a TA (trueachievements.com) account, which is free, and 3) You need to have an XBOX live gold account, be connected to the internet, and have a mic. It also helps if you are a member of the Achievement Hounds leaderboard on the True Achievements site, as those individuals get preferential placement in sessions.

:arrow: How Do I Find a Session?

The front page of the Achievement Hounds website lists upcoming boosting sessions, and also look in the Boosting Club section of the forums.

:arrow: How Do I Join a Session?

A link will be posted in the above named places to a page on the True Achievements website. MAKE SURE that you have set up your TA account to display everything in your time zone in order to avoid confusion. You have to apply for the session; there is a very brief form on the page for you to fill out and submit. As soon as possible the host will approve your application, if there’s any reason you can’t join (i.e. session is full) the host will contact you with that reason.

:arrow: What if I join and then Can’t Make It?

If possible leave the TA session to make room for someone else. If not send the host a message over xbox live, on TA, or a pm on the forums saying you can’t make it (no extenuating circumstances required). If you miss a session for whatever reason, if you are an Achievement Hounds community member you get the benefit of the doubt. We won’t give you bad feedback or keep you from joining other sessions. If you’re not a community member however, you will be added to the list of shame and prevented from joining other Boosting Club sessions.

:arrow: How Does a Session Work?

Be online and ready to go with your mic and the game in the tray about 10 minutes before the session is set to start. The host will send you a message asking you to join an xbox live party and/or the game. Once everyone is together, the host will instruct you on what to do in the game so that you, and the others present, will get -or work on getting- your achievements in the game. Patience is a necessity as occasionally there are problems getting everyone connected into the same session, or a particular achievement may prove difficult to get.

:arrow: How do you Decide on What Games to Boost?

The Boosting coordinators decide on games in one of three ways 1) It’s a game suggested and voted on by the community, 2) It’s a game with easy achievements that has a few online ones and we want to encourage more people to play it in order to increase their Gamerscore, or 3) we own the game and want to get the online achievements (hey, there are some perks!)

:arrow: I Need Help with a Game!!

If you need help boosting a game that is no currently part of Boosting Club you can post in the “Boosting” forum asking for volunteers.

:arrow: What is Credit and How Do I get it?

You get credit for joining and showing up to an official Achievement Hounds Boosting Club session. There are medals for being present for 1, 5, 10, 20, 30, 50 and 100 on-line sessions. Boosting a variety of games with the community will also help you earn a medal – there are ones for booting 5, 10, 15, 20, and 25 different games for credit.
Medals: 37
Seasoned Hound (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Helping Paw (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) 2000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Representative (1) First Time Caller (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Guest Star (1) Community Cast Star (1) Contributor (1) Platinum Viral Gamer (1) Booster L (1) Okay, Maybe One More... (1) Brick Breaker (1) 10 Xbox One Completions (1) Gun Collector (1) Rarefied (1) Eating up Quarters (1) AHP Competition 2nd (1) VIP GoW #100 (1)
2012 E3 Swagtacular Entrant (1) Scarred For Life (1) Participation Hound (1) To Do List Participant (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1)
Virtual Shelf:
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
162 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
135 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

merricat sugar
Top Dawg

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Cash on hand: 367904
Bank: 17,191.00
United States of America

Re: Boosting Club FAQ

Postby rudy75016 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:17 am

Hi

i'm new here. Thanks for the FAQ, helped a lot.

Is there anywhere to go to introduce myself ?

Thanks guys, great work

rudy75016
Minor Puppy

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Cash on hand: 1035

Postby Facial La Fleur » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:39 am

rudy75016 wrote:Hi

i'm new here. Thanks for the FAQ, helped a lot.

Is there anywhere to go to introduce myself ?

Thanks guys, great work

Welcome, rudy. There are a lot of features and activities on the site, so it's understandable that the forum may be intimidating or even difficult to navigate at first. Here's the link to the introductions forum. :)

viewforum.php?f=84
Medals: 55
Experienced Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Broadcaster (1) Artist (1) Helping Paw (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Best in Show (1) Haughty Hound (1) We Bet You're Smiling (1) 3000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) 6 Month Blogger (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) First Time Caller (1) Inquiry (1) Guest Star (1) Community Cast Star (1) Contributor (1) Major Viral (1) Platinum Viral Gamer (1) Booster CCL (1) Eat, Sleep, Boost, Repeat (1) Had A Lil Help From My Friends (1)
Why Can't I Quit This Game? (1) Seriously? (1) One For the Spartans (1) Long Service Medal (1) The Veteran (1) Brick Breaker (1) A Real Hero (1) Love To Swipe (1) Yes, They're Brass (1) Top 10 (1) For Albion! (1) A True Jedi (1) PC Master Race (1) Denied (1) Gun Collector (1) Rarefied (1) Boosting Club Coordinator (1) Free Falling (1) Scarred For Life (1) To Do List Participant (1) Big Barker (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
11 pcs.
68 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
392 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Facial La Fleur

Boosting Coordinator

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Cash on hand: 30434
Bank: 314,012.00
United States of America

Postby JelliedBigfoot » Mon May 11, 2015 12:56 pm

Hello,
I read in the Medal Request thread that the boosting session medals would be tracked separately by the coordinators. I was wondering if I need to post anywhere with proof or if it was just tallied up periodically by the individuals organizing the sessions?

Thanks,
Medals: 16
New Hound on the Block (1) Greyhound (1) One Of Us (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) 600 posts (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Donor (1) Captain Viral (1) Silver Viral Gamer (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) 10 Xbox One Completions (1) Participation Puppy (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
4 pcs.
90 pcs.
50 pcs.
54 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

JelliedBigfoot
Top Dawg

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Cash on hand: 59994
Bank: 123,294.00
United States of America

Postby Mattism » Mon May 11, 2015 1:26 pm

JelliedBigfoot wrote:Hello,
I read in the Medal Request thread that the boosting session medals would be tracked separately by the coordinators. I was wondering if I need to post anywhere with proof or if it was just tallied up periodically by the individuals organizing the sessions?

Thanks,

We post the participants in a private forum. We also post if you finish a game during a session(Can I Get a Witness badges) and if you have finished a game and are just helping out people in a session(Helping Hand badges). It does not do any harm for you to track your own stuff. It is tracked and you should be awarded medals for it when Griffy has time to hand them out. You could probable request the medal in the medal request topic if you have not received one that you should have.
Medals: 45
Experienced Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) Charitable (1) Broadcaster (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Majority Shareholder (1) C.E.O. (1) Dog didn't eat your homework! (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Resolute (1) Jackpot (1) 1000 posts (1) Street Team (1) First Time Caller (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Benefactor (1) Gold Viral Gamer (1) Booster CCL (1) Eat, Sleep, Boost, Repeat (1) Let's Finish This!! (1) Been there, Done that (1) Requiescat In Pace (1) The Veteran (1) Brick Breaker (1) Violence in Silence (1) A Real Hero (1) Top 10 (1) A True Jedi (1)
Rarefied (1) Consigliere (1) AHPM Thirds Place (1) Boosting Club Coordinator (1) Free Falling (1) 2012 E3 Swagtacular Entrant (1) Scarred For Life (1) To Do List Participant (1) Big Barker (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
307 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
340 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Mattism

Boosting Coordinator

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Cash on hand: 657804
Bank: 490,876.00
United States of America

Postby JelliedBigfoot » Mon May 11, 2015 1:38 pm

Mattism wrote:
JelliedBigfoot wrote:Hello,

Thanks,

We post the participants in a private forum. We also post if you finish a game during a session(Can I Get a Witness badges) and if you have finished a game and are just helping out people in a session(Helping Hand badges). It does not do any harm for you to track your own stuff. It is tracked and you should be awarded medals for it when Griffy has time to hand them out. You could probable request the medal in the medal request topic if you have not received one that you should have.

Thanks Mattism. No worries here it was just curiosity. I'm hoping to get my Titanfall for the One completed for a witness badge. I really don't care for the medals so much until I reach my 100K this year and join the big boys! Then they would be a nice complement to the 100K medal :D
Medals: 16
New Hound on the Block (1) Greyhound (1) One Of Us (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Haughty Hound (1) Jackpot (1) 600 posts (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Donor (1) Captain Viral (1) Silver Viral Gamer (1) Can I Get A Witness? (1) 10 Xbox One Completions (1) Participation Puppy (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
4 pcs.
90 pcs.
50 pcs.
54 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

JelliedBigfoot
Top Dawg

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Cash on hand: 59994
Bank: 123,294.00
United States of America

Postby Facial La Fleur » Tue May 12, 2015 5:35 pm

Keep in mind you won't necessarily be awarded medals exactly when you meet the requirements. We hand them out periodically and somewhat on a schedule. If more than a couple of weeks go by, and you still haven't received medals you've earned, that may be a good time to post in the medal request thread.
Experienced Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Broadcaster (1) Artist (1) Helping Paw (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Literate (1) Community Spot Light (1) Best in Show (1) Haughty Hound (1) We Bet You're Smiling (1) 3000 Posts (1) Photobombed! (1) Long Road Ahead (1) 6 Month Blogger (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) First Time Caller (1) Inquiry (1) Guest Star (1) Community Cast Star (1) Contributor (1) Major Viral (1) Platinum Viral Gamer (1) Booster CCL (1) Eat, Sleep, Boost, Repeat (1) Had A Lil Help From My Friends (1)
Why Can't I Quit This Game? (1) Seriously? (1) One For the Spartans (1) Long Service Medal (1) The Veteran (1) Brick Breaker (1) A Real Hero (1) Love To Swipe (1) Yes, They're Brass (1) Top 10 (1) For Albion! (1) A True Jedi (1) PC Master Race (1) Denied (1) Gun Collector (1) Rarefied (1) Boosting Club Coordinator (1) Free Falling (1) Scarred For Life (1) To Do List Participant (1) Big Barker (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
11 pcs.
68 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
392 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Facial La Fleur

Boosting Coordinator

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

United States of America

Postby kbeau73 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:47 am

I'm sure this has been bought up before but are there any plans to add a Boosting Coordinator that is Eastern Time Zone friendly? I'd love to become more involved (or actually involved with the sessions) but most of them are either starting at 11pm on a work night or later. I'm not sure how many east coast people we have here but it seems like it would be a great idea for an East Coast BC. I'd even volunteer if no one else wanted to do it. I have a pretty large library of games and need a ton of MP stuff.

Just a thought... and it's possible I'm missing something.. like maybe there is someone who does do sessions and I don't know about it.
http://casualgaming.forumotion.com
Medals: 14
New Hound on the Block (1) Greyhound (1) One Of Us (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Haughty Hound (1) 300 Posts (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Donor (1) Colonel Viral (1) Silver Viral Gamer (1) Brick Breaker (1) Participation Puppy (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1)
Virtual Shelf:
21 pcs.
5 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
31 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

kbeau73

Viral Games Manager

Cash on hand: 4081
Bank: 189,038.00
United States of America

Postby Mattism » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:25 am

kbeau73 wrote:I'm sure this has been bought up before but are there any plans to add a Boosting Coordinator that is Eastern Time Zone friendly? I'd love to become more involved (or actually involved with the sessions) but most of them are either starting at 11pm on a work night or later. I'm not sure how many east coast people we have here but it seems like it would be a great idea for an East Coast BC. I'd even volunteer if no one else wanted to do it. I have a pretty large library of games and need a ton of MP stuff.

Just a thought... and it's possible I'm missing something.. like maybe there is someone who does do sessions and I don't know about it.

Officer Zero had been running his session and they started around 9 est but I think he is on a little bit of a break. I know that acaraba2 is also running his sessions at an EST friendly time. I think he is currently running GOW3.
Medals: 45
Experienced Hound (1) Afghan Hound (1) One Of Us (1) Charitable (1) Broadcaster (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Majority Shareholder (1) C.E.O. (1) Dog didn't eat your homework! (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Resolute (1) Jackpot (1) 1000 posts (1) Street Team (1) First Time Caller (1) To Whom It May Concern (1) Benefactor (1) Gold Viral Gamer (1) Booster CCL (1) Eat, Sleep, Boost, Repeat (1) Let's Finish This!! (1) Been there, Done that (1) Requiescat In Pace (1) The Veteran (1) Brick Breaker (1) Violence in Silence (1) A Real Hero (1) Top 10 (1) A True Jedi (1)
Rarefied (1) Consigliere (1) AHPM Thirds Place (1) Boosting Club Coordinator (1) Free Falling (1) 2012 E3 Swagtacular Entrant (1) Scarred For Life (1) To Do List Participant (1) Big Barker (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) Over The Edge (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
307 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
340 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Mattism

Boosting Coordinator

Cash on hand: 657804
Bank: 490,876.00
United States of America

Postby acaraba2 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:53 am

I believe Officer Zero is in the middle of a move he normally runs sessions Mondays 9pm EST and one other day.

I am trying to figure out whether I can add a 2nd day to my schedule again. Right now I am running Gears of War 3 on Wednesday nights at 8 pm. Currently I am running through the campaign for people twice if they need it, a quick casual play through and then an insane play through. As of now it looks like we will have the campaign play through a done in another 3 weeks, then I will go through the story dlc in 4 player co-op, and then start tackling the mp achievements.

I've posted in this thread asking what games people like to see.
http://achievementhounds.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4322

I trying to look for games that are less co-op and more multiplayer because very rarely do co-op games require play through with more than one other person, and 2ndly I don't just like straight co-op games for boosting club. It would require me possibly multiply play through to help everyone that interested in that timeslot, and theres not to many games that I like to do that in.

Now I do want to get a stable group of 4 and start playing game types like mention above on weekly basis, but this would be outside of boosting club.
Medals: 50
Experienced Hound (1) Deerhound (1) One Of Us (1) PayPal Donator (1) Amazonian (1) Charitable (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Major Shareholder (1) Community Meetup (1) Community Spot Light (1) Haughty Hound (1) Resolute (1) Halfway There (1) We Bet You're Smiling (1) 1000 posts (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Intern Blogger (1) Progress?? (1) Representative (1) Street Team (1) Benefactor (1) Captain Viral (1) Gold Viral Gamer (1) Booster CCL (1) Eat, Sleep, Boost, Repeat (1) Had A Lil Help From My Friends (1) Been there, Done that (1) Seriously? (1) Brick Breaker (1) May The Forza Be With You (1)
Eye Of The Tiger (1) Gooooaaaaalllll!!!! (1) Love To Swipe (1) Yes, They're Brass (1) Top 10 (1) First! (1) Deja Vu II (1) 10 Xbox One Completions (1) All Rounder 3 (1) AHP Competition 1st (1) March Madness (1) Fantasy Football Winner (1) VIP GoW #100 (1) Boosting Club Coordinator (1) Big Barker (1) To Do List 2014. Welcome Back (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1) A to Z Challenge 2014 (1) A to Z Challenge Complete (1) Treasure Hunter 1.0 (1)
Virtual Shelf:
16 pcs.
132 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
395 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

acaraba2

Boosting Coordinator

Cash on hand: 57581
Bank: 2,052,334.00
United States of America

Postby kbeau73 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:59 pm

acaraba2 wrote:I believe Officer Zero is in the middle of a move he normally runs sessions Mondays 9pm EST and one other day.

I am trying to figure out whether I can add a 2nd day to my schedule again. Right now I am running Gears of War 3 on Wednesday nights at 8 pm. Currently I am running through the campaign for people twice if they need it, a quick casual play through and then an insane play through. As of now it looks like we will have the campaign play through a done in another 3 weeks, then I will go through the story dlc in 4 player co-op, and then start tackling the mp achievements.

I've posted in this thread asking what games people like to see.
http://achievementhounds.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4322

I trying to look for games that are less co-op and more multiplayer because very rarely do co-op games require play through with more than one other person, and 2ndly I don't just like straight co-op games for boosting club. It would require me possibly multiply play through to help everyone that interested in that timeslot, and theres not to many games that I like to do that in.

Now I do want to get a stable group of 4 and start playing game types like mention above on weekly basis, but this would be outside of boosting club.

I'll keep an eye out for the sessions. I'm currently working on GoW 3 with a couple others on Friday nights so that is probably out.

As for the stable group, I like that idea. Any idea on which games you are interested in working on?
New Hound on the Block (1) Greyhound (1) One Of Us (1) Shareholder (1) Shareholder VIP (1) Haughty Hound (1) 300 Posts (1) Long Road Ahead (1) Donor (1) Colonel Viral (1) Silver Viral Gamer (1) Brick Breaker (1) Participation Puppy (1) To Do List 2015 Participant (1)
Virtual Shelf:
21 pcs.
5 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
31 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

kbeau73

Viral Games Manager

United States of America

Postby Facial La Fleur » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:23 pm

I try to make my session work for both Pacific and Eastern times. It doesn't always end up that way, but I try.
Virtual Shelf:
11 pcs.
68 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
392 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Facial La Fleur

Boosting Coordinator

United States of America

Postby kbeau73 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:44 pm

Facial La Fleur wrote:I try to make my session work for both Pacific and Eastern times. It doesn't always end up that way, but I try.

I hope you didn't misunderstand, I wasn't trying to say anything negative, I know that a lot of times I wish I could take part but that darned work thing gets in the way. Lol
Virtual Shelf:
21 pcs.
5 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
31 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

kbeau73

Viral Games Manager

United States of America

Postby Facial La Fleur » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:51 pm

Nah, no offense whatsoever. Just saying, keep an eye for my sessions. ;)
Virtual Shelf:
11 pcs.
68 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
392 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
%s XBox Live Avatar

Facial La Fleur

Boosting Coordinator

United States of America

Return to Boosting Club